Thread: Pcm

Default Pcm

Hi All,

Some pointers in the right direction would be great if anyone can help. We have a client that has a drive by wire 2005 5.7L UTE with the 99+ GEN-III PCM. My question is, we have purchased an upgrade for the client for this vehicle. It has the 90mm cable driven throttle body as part of the package. What do we do?

Do we replace the current PCM with the 97/98 GEN-III PCM and do the necessary wiring, where can we get the pin outs and wiring diagrams if it can be done. Your answers would be most appreciated

Regards,

GandC

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by gochcooper
    Hi All,

Some pointers in the right direction would be great if anyone can help. We have a client that has a drive by wire 2005 5.7L UTE with the 99+ GEN-III PCM. My question is, we have purchased an upgrade for the client for this vehicle. It has the 90mm cable driven throttle body as part of the package. What do we do?

Do we replace the current PCM with the 97/98 GEN-III PCM and do the necessary wiring, where can we get the pin outs and wiring diagrams if it can be done. Your answers would be most appreciated

Regards,

GandC
    You ditch the cable operated throttle body and run with the bigger aftermarket 90mm electronic throttle body from throttle body australia to suit the combo you have.

Quote Originally Posted by gochcooper
    Hi All,

Regards,

GandC
    Converting to the 97/98 PCM would be a major step down in performance.

I agree the easiest way would be to just get a drive by wire 90mm throttle body..
    WWW.EFIAlchemy.com