Thread: Tuning Question

Default Tuning Question

If you dial in your VE table say at sea level and then move to some where like Denver. Do you have to redial in your VE table or should it be the same? I would think that a given motor will move a given amount of air no matter the location due to atmosperic pressure. At least thats what the left side of my brain is telling the right.
    Car: 2002 WS6 M6
    Mods: TFS 215 Heads, 92mm LSX Intake Ported, Comp Cam, Yella Terra RR, Power Bond pulley, Melling Performance Oil Pump, Comp Cam Lifters, LS2 Timing Chain, Harden Pushrods, Textraila Clutch, Quarter Mile Performance lid, SLP Mass Air Sensor, SLP Smooth Flow Bellow, NW 92mm Throttle Body, NGK Plugs, MSD Wires, SLP Tuned Length Headers w/ORY, Magnaflow Exhaust, Tuning in progress
    RWHP:450 RWTQ:426

For the most part it's still pretty close. I travel from high to low elevation fairly often and I'm running a SD semi open loop tune with CO3. The computer seems to over compensate a little though. When I go from high elevation to low it gets a bit rich, and when I go from low elevation to high it's a bit lean. Should be the other way around it if wasn't compensating. It's not much but I tweak it back right anyway.

Anther thing, it you tune at high elevation and then go to low elevation, your going to get in the areas of the VE table that you couldn't at high elevation cuz the air is more dense at sea-level.
    01 ECSB 1/2 ton 4x4 Forged 5.7 LS1 GMC

Custom KBracing front mounted, BW S480, intercooled turbo