Just a quick update on the status of BB logging for V2.

We are still on track to release BB logging by end of October. To use the new BB logging features will require that you update the firmware and bootblock of the FlashScan V2.
Updating the bootblock is a one way process, once it is updated you cannot go back to the old bootblock or firmware.
It is also a potential point of failure. If power to the V2 is interrupted during the bootblock update process it will need to be returned to EFILive to be re-programmed. The bootblock update process only takes about 2 seconds so the window for failure is extremely small.

What that means is, if you decide to upgrade to the new BB logging enabled firmware and a problem is discovered, you will need to wait for a fix to be programmed and released. Because the technical guys from EFILive will be in the US (for SEMA and other duties) any show stopping problem(s) with the new firmware can not and will not be fixed until at least mid-late Nov.

The reason for my concern is that I intend to make the beta BB logging firmware available to the public (as a pre-release) at the same time it is made available to the official beta testers. I made a commitment to have BB logging available by SEMA and the only way I can do that is to give you guys access to the beta firmware.

While the beta testers will have dedicated V2 units on which to test the BB logging, the general public will not. It is up to you to decide whether you can affored to take the risk or not.

I will post a more detailed description of the potential risks involved when we are closer to releasing the beta firmware.

Ok, now back to my 20 hours per day getting BB logging working on FlashScan...

Reagrds
Paul