Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can some take a look at my tune files

Default Can some take a look at my tune files

So far everything is going good with the autove. I have most of my ve table dialed in. On this log my main focus was on WOT runs in 3rd gear. I would come off the line in 1st shift to 2nd and about 30MPH I would shift in 3rd and go WOT. I am having the problem with popping/backfire around 3000-5000 RPMs. Last night I was driving and I was going about 40 I put in second and the same thing happened popping/backfire sound. There is also a little knock retard in the log file. The runs have about frame950. I am open to any advise or suggestions. Thank you for help in advance.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by esco35m; October 8th, 2007 at 05:56 AM.
    Car: 2002 WS6 M6
    Mods: TFS 215 Heads, 92mm LSX Intake Ported, Comp Cam, Yella Terra RR, Power Bond pulley, Melling Performance Oil Pump, Comp Cam Lifters, LS2 Timing Chain, Harden Pushrods, Textraila Clutch, Quarter Mile Performance lid, SLP Mass Air Sensor, SLP Smooth Flow Bellow, NW 92mm Throttle Body, NGK Plugs, MSD Wires, SLP Tuned Length Headers w/ORY, Magnaflow Exhaust, Tuning in progress
    RWHP:450 RWTQ:426

I have been doing some research on the forum and I was thinking about changing B3308 DFCO M6 Enable Temp to 255. Currently it is set to 50. To see if that gets rid of the popping that I am getting. Does that sound like a possible solution for the popping problem?
    Last edited by esco35m; October 8th, 2007 at 05:59 AM.
    Mods: TFS 215 Heads, 92mm LSX Intake Ported, Comp Cam, Yella Terra RR, Power Bond pulley, Melling Performance Oil Pump, Comp Cam Lifters, LS2 Timing Chain, Harden Pushrods, Textraila Clutch, Quarter Mile Performance lid, SLP Mass Air Sensor, SLP Smooth Flow Bellow, NW 92mm Throttle Body, NGK Plugs, MSD Wires, SLP Tuned Length Headers w/ORY, Magnaflow Exhaust, Tuning in progress

I went out on another test run to see if setting the DFCO to 140*c would cure the popping im getting. So I had the car in 3rd gear doing about 50 and around 3700-5000 RPM the car was popping when I went to WOT. I also have 19 degress of timing in my high octane table. I was wondering if that was my problem not having enough timing to burn off all the fuel. I was thinking of adjusting the timing to may 22-24 degress(I only have access to 92 octane). Does that sound like a bad idea, or am I just way out in left feild. Also on this last run I got no knock retard.

Are you sure it wasn't knock you were hearing...?

Log GM.KR and see what it says.

If you enable DFCO, it may or may not prevent popping thru exhaust during closed thrittle deceleration.

2001/2002 F-body LS1's seem sensitive to knock... I'd be very careful about increasing timing around peak torque... increase it before and after peak torque and reduce it around peak torque [so it looks like a small valley at peak torque] (timing table already has a "hole" at peak torque high airmass)...

pay close attention to KR and listen for knock... if you do hear it, get off the throttle immediately..., reduce the timing and richen the AFR to 12.6 in that range.

I went out on another test run to see if setting the DFCO to 140*c would cure the popping im getting. So I had the car in 3rd gear doing about 50 and around 3700-5000 RPM the car was popping when I went to WOT. I also have 19 degress of timing in my high octane table. I was wondering if that was my problem not having enough timing to burn off all the fuel. I was thinking of adjusting the timing to may 22-24 degress(I only have access to 92 octane). Does that sound like a bad idea, or am I just way out in left feild. Also on this last run I got no knock retard.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Update I posted my last run to day on the previous post. On that log file their is no KR but it was still popping at WOT. I posted my problem on ls1tech and they suggested maybe bad spark plugs. One of the members had the same problem as me and he said spark plugs took care of the problem. My plugs have about 20,000 miles so I guess they could be do for a changing will see if that is the problem. They did not have the plug wires that I wanted so I was thinking about putting my stock ones back on since I still have them and they only have about 10,000 on them. Right now I have taylor wires and they have about 40,000 miles on them. I will replace the plugs in about a hour or so. I have to let the car cool down. So joe or anyone else what do you think even after looking at my last test run.

I can't view it from this PC, I'll have to wait till I get home late tonite.

I just got done changing my plugs and I put my oem plug wires on. I will be watching the cowboys football game but will be checking the forum for updates.

Your tune is too lean under load (last 3 cols of B3605; B3618).

Your log shows no knock retard; you say you hear "popping" during WOT... you have to determine if this is pinging that you're hearing; do your old plugs show signs of knock...? Does it happen with your new plugs...?
    Last edited by joecar; October 9th, 2007 at 06:13 AM.

Updated I got on it today and the popping went away I think. I did not get to get on it like I wanted to because of traffic. I put in second and punched it till about 55 MPH and no popping. The trottle response is a whole lot better too. I hope this was the problem I will double check later on this afternoon or tonight. The old plugs looked good. A while back I had problems with the car misfireing. I did some trouble shooting and found one of my Taylor plug wires was faulty. The clip on the in side broke from the wire. So I had put one of the oem wires back on until I got time to buy new wires. (aboult 10,000 miles ago) I just never got around to buying new plug wires. So I am not sure if it was the plug wires were giving a weak spark or the plugs just need to be replaced. But the response is a lot better.(maybe both) Joe or anyone else do you think I should lower the AFR to 12.5 in B3605. Also I was told that in B3618 that value should be higher (leaner) than my ve table since the PCM will use what ever value is richer. So that way the ve table will be dialed in the correct value for the AFR, or was I misinformed. Also I think I will put the DFCO back to 50*C since it did not solve my problem and I was told it only comes into play while decel and not underload like my problem. I will keep you all updated. Thank You for you help and will be check the forum for any suggestions.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast