Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Strange numbers in knock table

Default transient filters?

Hello.

Not sure what you mean by transient filters. I know how to make data filters and I see there are switches for showing min and max values and hide cells with low values. Are these the ones you are talking about or should I make a data filter to remove 1.01 and .99 avg?

Thanks

Louis
    Last edited by louis; October 11th, 2007 at 06:40 AM.

He means a data filter to remove transient points. The AutoVE tutorial has you create one to ensure you are at operating temperature and to remove points following significant throttle changes. The idea here is to try to get close to steady-state so the points behind the BENs are fairly consistent.

Yes, that's correct, you need a filter that removes data points recorded during a "transient" condition;

the more strict the filter, the better the remaining data;
    also helps alot to be smooth with foot-throttle motion;

see if you can "estimate/guess" an initial VE table that is closer to what the final VE table will be (i.e. want to avoid large BEN swings during Auto VE).

Chuck,

We're not ignoring you, we're just thinking about what could be causing what you saw.

I'll pm Paul about that.

Cheers,
    Joe

Default no sweat pal....

Quote Originally Posted by joecar
    Chuck,

We're not ignoring you, we're just thinking about what could be causing what you saw.

I'll pm Paul about that.

Cheers,
    Joe

No sweat pal... I'm in contact with Paul on it...He knows already... I'm continuing to play with it....

I'm not sure how the pid structure is set up exactly, but....when switching between o/s's in the same car...the problem comes and goes.....

One o/s messes up......the earlier one does not.

I'm thinking it's that some pids got cross wired between o/s's.....

Chuck CoW
    CoW BOOSTER! Electronic Throttle Enhancement.

- CLICK HERE NOW FOR MORE INFORMATION! -

VARARAM, EDELBROCK, AMERICAN RACING HEADERS, BAER BRAKES, BORLA, EFI Live, Magnuson,
    COMP Cams, PROCHARGER, PRO TORQUE, PHADT Racing, INNOVATORS WEST, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by louis
    Hello.

Also this "Change B3647 to read something like 14.7 in the non enriched area" I already have 14.63 in the non enriched areas unless you see something I am doing wrong there in my tune file.

This quote "You do realise with the custom OS whenever you command 14.63 STFT will occur" is a yes I know if stft were enabled. Are you saying in custom os whether enabled stft or not custom os will still use stft?

Louis
    Yes, whenever stoich (14.63) is commanded in a custom OS stft will occur. Changing to 14.7 will stop this from occuring.

Not to butt in , but in COS3 if you command 1.00eq when the STFT occur I have noticed that for the first 20 to 30 seconds of start up cold or hot the computer commands a lean AFR until engine idles down and the trims kick in , and [A0014] has reverse effect on fueling AFR .
    Just a observation .
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Default new rebuild of autove and still the same results

Hello.

I redid the whole auto ve from scratch and made a map that was much nicer and smooth. 30 minutes later it goes right back to rich. I also put in a brand new wb02.

Is there anything else I can monitor? How can the wb02 see a lean condition in the exhaust so much it drops the stoich down to 10 and fouls plugs? My opinion it doesnt have an air leak anywhere it just decides to go rich.

Can anyone tell me how to monitor all the tables the scan tools uses during logging? Is there a history file of the tables it is pulling info from?

I am now also beginning to think that chuck may have a figured out something with the bersion I am using. I also updated recently and after further thinking I am beginning to realize this is about the time my tunes started to constantly run rich after 30 min.

Anyone have any more ideas?

Thanks

Louis
    Last edited by louis; October 11th, 2007 at 03:38 PM.

Post up your new tune & log.

Default I think so.....

Quote Originally Posted by louis
    Hello.

I redid the whole auto ve from scratch and made a map that was much nicer and smooth. 30 minutes later it goes right back to rich. I also put in a brand new wb02.

Is there anything else I can monitor? How can the wb02 see a lean condition in the exhaust so much it drops the stoich down to 10 and fouls plugs? My opinion it doesnt have an air leak anywhere it just decides to go rich.

Can anyone tell me how to monitor all the tables the scan tools uses during logging? Is there a history file of the tables it is pulling info from?

I am now also beginning to think that chuck may have a figured out something with the bersion I am using. I also updated recently and after further thinking I am beginning to realize this is about the time my tunes started to constantly run rich after 30 min.

Anyone have any more ideas?

Thanks

Louis
    Hey guys.... Last night, Howard and I got the LS2 ben calc thing worked out..... Now, the ben calc is 1.0 when I'm at 14.7 ....

The pid is not there by default and must be created from scratch.....

What a headache.....

Now that my VE table is perfect spot on.....We need to address the second half of the problem.

With certain 05 E40 Vettes, I CAN NOT LOG KR... I have loaded EVERY SINGLE PID FILE I HAVE AND ATTEMPTED TO LOG EVERY PID HAVING TO DO WITH SPARK AND I GET NO KR or I GET KR of like 24-27deg...

SOMETHING is wrong. I've tuned many 05's in the past with NO PROBLEMS....Since the latest update, I CAN NOT FIND A PID FILE OR PID/MAP that correctly displays KR...

I'm dying... Some O/S's work...others simply don't. Tuning with no KR is kinda touchy.

Chuck CoW
    CoW BOOSTER! Electronic Throttle Enhancement.

- CLICK HERE NOW FOR MORE INFORMATION! -

VARARAM, EDELBROCK, AMERICAN RACING HEADERS, BAER BRAKES, BORLA, EFI Live, Magnuson,
    COMP Cams, PROCHARGER, PRO TORQUE, PHADT Racing, INNOVATORS WEST, and more.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast