Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Strange numbers in knock table

Hello Chuck. Just got off the phone with you. Please send me an older version to this email if you can.

louis@emailicon.net

Default here are my new log and tune files

I have changed everything mechanical including the wb02 and map sensor. I have fixed everything in the program and still goes rich after 30 minutes of driving.

I have come to my wits end. I now honestly think it is now in the software somehow.

Anyone with some other ideas?
    Attached Files Attached Files

You are still commanding 14.63 in table B3647. You cannot do Auto VE until you change this to 14.7.
    You also have a P0354 trouble code coming up for a coil controller, you might need to have a good look at your wiring.

In EFILive Custom OS 3 & 5 when you command the same AFR as is defined in the the B3601 table (stoich) the fuel mode changes to a custom EFILive mode called Semi Open Loop. This is effectively commanding an EQ Ratio (PCM units) of 1.00. In this condition/scenario fuel trimming occurs.

Try commanding something other than 14.63:1 or EQ 1.00. Perhaps 14.5:1 or 14.7:1 etc.

You are also commanding some seriously rich conditions through the multiplier table A0008. Here are some examples from your tune:
    -20*C commanding 10.37:1
    0*C commanding 11.52:1
    20*C commanding 12.19:1
    60*C commanding 13.54:1
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Default now thats some good info

I apologze when you had mentioned 14.7 previously. I assumed you were just rounding out 14.63 and didnt understand the reason. Now it is all clear. I never picked up on that tidbit of info till now Thank you.

Never knew about semi open loop but really good to know these specifics. Yes I also seen and heard the number 4 coil go out and already changed it. Thanks for pointing that out though just in case I did miss it.

I never did get to address the A0008 table other then operating temp. Not sure where I got these values from and because I am in florida with car sitting in the sun it is hardly ever colder at start then approx 100 degrees but I do see what you mean by richness there now.
    Can you tell me what the equation is for the conversion from the multiplier to figure the stoich?

I would like to thank everyone here who has helped me. I am confident now that this is exactly my problems and cant wait to get up early in the morning and fire it up with all these updates.

Will let all know in the morning how goes it.

Thanks

Louis

Quote Originally Posted by louis
    Can you tell me what the equation is for the conversion from the multiplier to figure the stoich?
    I basically just use Commanded AFR / Multiplier as the calculation. This works for the Multiplier and tables in EQ Ratio units.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Default Just finished my first run Tune and logs attached

All the changes suggested helped tremendously. It is still going rich but only after an hr now and if I shut the car off for thirty min it runs fine for another hr.

Please take a look at my files and let me know if you see anything else I may have missed.

Couple questions on knock map which is still all 0s. What would be the best way to test this for knock? I had increased the tables 12% previously and still shows all 0s. Im a little leary going any further.

Second question when you add and multiple the changes do you smooth out the whole map or just the high points?

I also noticed there was no temp changes in air intake or in water temp when it started to run rich again down to the 11s and 10s .

I went into the tune and noticed the tables B3601 and B3647 were again the same afr. I swear I did change these but will redo again and make another run. Do the afr values once entered into these 2 tables change at all?

Thanks

Louis
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by louis; October 13th, 2007 at 09:24 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234