Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Would this WB02 sensor work w/ Flashscan?

Default Would this WB02 sensor work w/ Flashscan?

http://www.zeitronix.com/Products/zt2/zt2.htm

Not having messed much with WB02's at this point, I don't know the ins/outs of them just yet. I'm curious if this is a good unit that would be able to 'slipstream' its output into Flashscan for logging in EFILive.

Thanks!
    Whitney Roberts

Reasonable price! Most of my vehicles have dual exhaust, where do I weld in the bung for the sensor? Before or after the cats? Is analyzing one bank "good enough" if it is a true dual setup?
    2009 Z06 LS7 / 2008 Sierra Denali AWD L92 6L80E
    Flashing control modules since 2001. 8-)
    Who needs a MAP sensor on a supercharged LS6 anyway.

Yeah, those are my questions, as well. Since I'm not running cats, my rear 02's are basically just plugging a hole, so I'm curious if I could use one of those bungs instead of having to drop the header to weld in a bung. I know that the closer you get the bung to the head, the better it is from a heat standpoint, but I don't know how far away is too far away.

Also, most setups I've seen only run it on one bank. Not sure if you need to run it on both banks or not.

I guess this leads me another question, though... once you get the WB setup, and say you are really lean, then how do you alter the tune to bump the AFR up or down a .1 value? Is there a prescribed method for doing so? I would think you'ld have to 'mess' w/ the PE table, IFR table or the VE table to do such, but I don't know if there is a 'rule of thumb' for how much an increase/decrease correlates to a .1 in the AFR.
    Whitney Roberts

Default Re: Would this WB02 sensor work w/ Flashscan?

Quote Originally Posted by AllCammedUp
    http://www.zeitronix.com/Products/zt2/zt2.htm

Not having messed much with WB02's at this point, I don't know the ins/outs of them just yet. I'm curious if this is a good unit that would be able to 'slipstream' its output into Flashscan for logging in EFILive.

Thanks!
    That one would work O.K, any of them would just as long as the have an Auxillary voltage output that indicates the WBO2 in some way. Although that one didn't look linear, so it might be a bit tricky to setup in EFILive.

Now this is not a plug!!, but I have a PLX unit in my car, I am very happy with it. It is mounted just near the original O2, they have plenty of data on where and where not to mount them.

I don't think it matters what bank you run it on, if you wanted the full picture you'd need 8 WBO2's to measure each cylinder, obviously if one is running leaner (or richer) that will probably throw the readings out, but then that's why in race shops they sometimes have EGT sensors on each pipe. Alot of level 1 drag racers have EGT's on each pipe, it's easy to pick lazy or lean cylinders.
    Anyway, here's what the PLX unit looks like installed in my car.

I guess this leads me another question, though... once you get the WB setup, and say you are really lean, then how do you alter the tune to bump the AFR up or down a .1 value? Is there a prescribed method for doing so? I would think you'ld have to 'mess' w/ the PE table, IFR table or the VE table to do such, but I don't know if there is a 'rule of thumb' for how much an increase/decrease correlates to a .1 in the AFR.
    This was explained to me by "Delco" on this forum who knows a thing or two about tuning, though this was for my old car that was not using a MAF....

You don't fudge tune by changing MAF tables (in the case of the LS1), IFR's etc.
    The correct way is to force the car to run in Open Loop with the commanded AFR in the Open Loop table set to say 13.0:1 everywhere. Then with a WBO2 (dah!!) run it thoughout the RPM and Load ranges and get an idea of where the fueling is at, is it richer, leaner than 13.0?, then go and change the VE table to bring the AFR's back so they read 13.0:1. Once you have mapped the entire RPM / Load range (yes that takes a LONG time) then return the Open Loop / Closed Loop settings to normal.
    Now what 'should' happen is when you ask for 12.5 or 13.0 AFR in the P.E table that is what you will get.

GMPX,

Thanks a lot for your replies on this thread... it speaks volumes to answering some questions I've had for a while.

Ok, with the fact that we've got a LOT of logging yet to do.. ... I guess my next question is this: how do you ask for 12.1 or 13.0 or whatever w/ the PE table? Do you have to arbitrarily find out what % change in your vehicle makes the AFR jump by a .1 or what?

Guess I'm just looking for a way to 'turn the knob'. Once I know how to turn it, I'm the best dang knob turner I know.
    Whitney Roberts

Lifetime Member

GMPX,

Thanks a lot for your replies on this thread... it speaks volumes to answering some questions I've had for a while.

Ok, with the fact that we've got a LOT of logging yet to do.. ... I guess my next question is this: how do you ask for 12.1 or 13.0 or whatever w/ the PE table? Do you have to arbitrarily find out what % change in your vehicle makes the AFR jump by a .1 or what?

Guess I'm just looking for a way to 'turn the knob'. Once I know how to turn it, I'm the best dang knob tuner I know.
    PE table is a inverse lambda so if you want 13:1 you ask for a lambda of 0.884 (13/14.7) then inverse this to 1.131 (1/0.884) - hopefully in flashscan we can change the units to afr or lamda rather than doing the maths all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Delco
    PE table is a inverse lambda so if you want 13:1 you ask for a lambda of 0.884 (13/14.7) then inverse this to 1.131 (1/0.884) - hopefully in flashscan we can change the units to afr or lamda rather than doing the maths all the time.
    Wow - I had no idea that how it worked. All this time I've seen people talk about how they dialed in a 12.6 on the PE table, and I never knew it was that simple.

However, if we could actually enter in the cells a 12.9:1 or something like that, it would be killer! However, I realize that there are more important things to get done than that. Nonetheless, thanks for explaining this - at least I'm not stymied by the discussion or the #'s anymore!
    Whitney Roberts

Default Re: Would this WB02 sensor work w/ Flashscan?

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX
    Now this is not a plug!!, but I have a PLX unit in my car, I am very happy with it. It is mounted just near the original O2, they have plenty of data on where and where not to mount them.
    With it being mounted in the car, you obviously use it quite a bit. How many miles are the WB 02 sensors rated at? I mean - can you run one all the time?
    Whitney Roberts

Wow - I had no idea that how it worked. All this time I've seen people talk about how they dialed in a 12.6 on the PE table, and I never knew it was that simple.
    It isn't 'that' simple.
    That dialed in AFR of 12.6 will only be 'real' if injector scaling, VE, blah, blah is set up correctly. The PCM calculates an Injector on time that would give an AFR of 12.6 Based on many other parameters.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast