Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BIG Auto VE problem - Tune files attached

Default BIG Auto VE problem - Tune files attached

As a preface to this thread, it might be good to know my modifications:
    MS4 cam, 1 7/8" long tubes through a 3" true dual exhaust, dual 3.5" intake, NO MAF. Its in a 93 RX-7.

I have verified the logged AFR perfectly matches the wideband softwares AFR, so no issues there.

Ok, after much frusturation with trying to get my car drivable in open loop speed density, I decided to put the completely stock tune in the car. The only thing I did was remove the anti-theft.

Here is what the car was doing setup for AutoVE. Idling at ~20:1 AFR, not accepting any throttle w/o completely bogging out and dying instantly. I had the stock VE map, only slightly scaled to try and get the fuel in a normal range (which didn't work). I did some work to the idle RAFIG process, so I adjusted the fuel, and a few other things per the idle tuning thread.

Since it was idling at 20:1 AFR for no aparent reason, I added 30% to my VE table, to see if it would even have an effect on the AFR on my wideband. It brought the AFR to ~14.4:1. This was somewhat good, but the VE in the cell it was at during idle was 105%, clearly not reasonable or right.

Then I got frusturated and wanted to see what it would do with the completely stock tune minus the antitheft. It started up and ran great, took about 15 seconds to find idle. It reved great, and acted like you would expect. Not running perfect, but still really good.

So, that brings me to my question, what is so different between these two tune files that would make such a drastic differnce? I did a compare tune files, with the stock file, and the file I made setup for AutoVE. From what I saw, the only changes in there were the ones spelled out in the AutoVE tutorial, and some idle changes I made. Can you take a look at the two files and see if you can spot something that I might be overlooking.

Clearly I'm doing something wrong, unless the tutorial has led me astray, but it seems to work fine for other people. I don't really know what to do at this point. I'm baffled.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I could be wrong but in the Engine DTC processing enablers (C6001) you have P0102 set as not reported. I am pretty sure this should be left at B2 trips emmissions related or it will not enter speed density mode.

I don't have a MAF, so its not hooked up at all. I was getting a code P0102 before I changed it to not reported. Can someone running without a MAF hooked up verify I did the right thing by changing it to not reported. Or should I change it back to "B: 2 Trips, Emissions Related" and disable the MIL enabler for P0102.

your open loop commanded values are jacked up.

I'm only a beginner here but i am running maffless and have settings as listed

C6001- P0101,P0102,P0103 all set to NoN Emissions

C6002- P0101,P0102,P0103 all set to No MIL

with these settings it works fine in SD
    the check engine light will not come on but it will log a fault code P0102
    from what i understand theres nothing that can be done to stop this code from getting logged

Quote Originally Posted by HINDZY
    I'm only a beginner here but i am running maffless and have settings as listed

C6001- P0101,P0102,P0103 all set to NoN Emissions

C6002- P0101,P0102,P0103 all set to No MIL

with these settings it works fine in SD
    the check engine light will not come on but it will log a fault code P0102
    from what i understand theres nothing that can be done to stop this code from getting logged
    Exactly, you need this code to log to properly enter Speed Density.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.prick
    your open loop commanded values are jacked up.
    i spoke too soon those are stock values.
    they are leaner than most tunes i have seen, even for stock.
    i would drop your closed loop temp enable to see if that gets
    you a safer AFR for cold start.
    what is your fuel pressure?

I just had a look at your logs in the other thread. In none of those logs was P0102 reported so you had not entered SD properly. Change C6001 & redo your auto ve.

My fuel pressure is 60 psi with no vac reference. Stock GTO manual says pressure should be between 56 and 62, I went with 60.

So, basically since I have no MAF, and its not setting the P0102 code, its not entering speed density. What then is it running on? Can't be the MAF since its not there, and you just siad its not MAP either. Am I in some sort of ultra weird backup mode where it just uses expected values based on rpm and tps or something? Weird.

I'll try out the changes you suggest. Change the P0102 back to non emissions, and just turn off the MIL light for that code. I'll report back tomorrow after work.

I am going to try changing the P0102 report code on mine this arvo & see if it starts playing up like yours. I have heard that this can be an issue a few times just have never thought to give it a go.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast