Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about AutoVE Spikes I am getting

Default Question about AutoVE Spikes I am getting

I have been working with AutoVE tuning for a few weeks and I have it pretty close. The car drives 500% better than when I got it. I am very pleased. I have a question about what my VE Map looks like compared to almost everyone elses I look at.

In my Commanded AFR in OL table, when warmed up, I am commanding 14.63 up to 70kpa. Then at 75kpa I taper it down to 12.7.

Now in my VE Table, when tuning I am getting big spikes (like going from 52 to 75% or more) in the 800 and 1200rpm rows, in columns 80, 85, 90 and 95kpa. Now, I know why it is happening; basically, then I let out the clutch and give it throttle, the load goes into those regions where I am commanding the 12.7:1 AFR.

BUT...Why dont other people with similar Commanded AFR's as me, have those spiked areas? Are they just manually smoothing them out so that a take off/launch situations are way leaner than Commanded?

Or am I doing something wrong in my AutoVE?

Should I bring up the cells around the spikes partially, and smooth the spikes out slightly to get the region to a happy medium?

The rest of the VE Table looks pretty good. Not too many dips or spikes.

Thank you very much in advance. My motor is a stroked LS1 with 30# SVO's. The rest of my mods are in my sig.

2002 WS6, All-Lunati 383 Strok'r @11:1, Cartek Heads, Keith/Ross Racing Custom Cam, Victor Jr., 492whp 457wtq,
    Cartek Clutch, 9" Moser w/4.11's, 35 spline Detroit Locker, QA1's, NX, BMR, Tuned w/ EFILive V2 Black Box Logging
    Check Out My Latest Tune File: HERE

Lifetime Member

Can you post up your tune?

Sure.
    Here is my tune. The spike in this VE table has been smoothed a little to see the effects on drivability. It was a little sharper than this even. However you can clearly see what I mean.

UPDATE: I uploaded the wrong tune. This one is the one I was talking about. Sorry.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Goldfinger911; October 13th, 2007 at 06:10 AM.

That's why I don't do AutoVE. I don't enjoy looking at spikes on my VE map. I've found cammed LS1s don't particularly like the spikes. Yes, I manually smooth them out and can't complain about my car's driveability either. If you were to wear ear plugs you wouldn't tell the difference to a stock LS1.

It's your choice, however.

I dont have many issues with spikes at all. I think it comes down to getting a good cell count, filtering well & driving to your filters. It is easy for me to drive to filters as I have a highway with next to no traffic to log on.

Default hay mick

Hay mick,

Do you have any of those unrestriced speed limmits out there at the rock?

Do you ever get to see strange lights in the sky at night?

I agree,

1: filters
    2: how you drive to them on the street and on the dyno is very important.

Your own right foot can be your enemy, keep throttle steady, sharp stabs on the throttle can pull data around to be something it is not. "spikes" "holes"

Goldfinger are you running semi open loop?

When done with AutoVE tuning, my plan is to plug back in the MAF and run Open Loop. Not to stick with pure Speed Density. Why do you ask? (I am just curious)

Can you define what "semi-open" loop is?

Quote Originally Posted by MICK
    Hay mick,

Do you have any of those unrestriced speed limmits out there at the rock?

Do you ever get to see strange lights in the sky at night?

I agree,

1: filters
    2: how you drive to them on the street and on the dyno is very important.

Your own right foot can be your enemy, keep throttle steady, sharp stabs on the throttle can pull data around to be something it is not. "spikes" "holes"

Goldfinger are you running semi open loop?
    No Mick. Thanks to a backwards government we have now lost our unrestricted roads. We have a speed limit now of 130kmh which has been in effect since January 1.
    As for strange lights those fruit loops at Wycliffe Well are still adamant that UFO's are spotted there every month. What a bunch of freaks.

Goldfinger semi open loop is a function in the custom OS where when you command stoich (14.63) STFT will occur. This will skew your data when doing autoVE.

Default Another question (s)

Well, I spent the day with the MAF plugged back in and trying to get the car to run well with the MAF and Open Loop. It was a pain in the ass. Super lean idle, and ovcer-rich under power. Nowhere near commanded.

So... I think I am going to just stay with a Speed Density tune. The car ran great with it. I have a few questions. I have searched but found conflicting answers.

If I am going to run a full SD tune...

-Do I keep DFCO disabled? The car decels great with it disabled, however some SD tunes from the tune repository have it enabled?

-Do I leave LTFT disabled? (I am pretty sure this is YES)

-Do I disable STFT with idle? Or do I use non-idle STFT?

-Do I keep my PE set to 14.63 across the board just like the AutoVE instructions? Or so I set PE throttle %'s and set my desired PE values?

If someone has a really good example of a SD tune i could look that would be awesome too.

So far I have been following the settings as outlined by SpdDemon in his post on how to tune Open Loop and then Speed Density.

Thanks Guys and Girls.

-GF

2002 WS6, All-Lunati 383 Strok'r @11:1, Cartek Heads, Keith/Ross Racing Custom Cam, Victor Jr., 492whp 457wtq,
    Cartek Clutch, 9" Moser w/4.11's, 35 spline Detroit Locker, QA1's, NX, BMR, Tuned w/ EFILive V2 Black Box Logging
    Check Out My Latest Tune File: HERE

Did you tune the maf after reenabling it?
    As for the LTFT or STFT that is up to you. If you want 02 feedback turn them on, if not leave them off.
    PE you can set to how you want it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast