Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbie - Calling all 07 TBSS Tuners

Lifetime Member

Im not telling you what to do, Im just forwarding my knowledge of the TB SS and its extremely pansy transmission that cannot handle the LS2 and the weight of the TB. If you think you can 0 the times and everything, go for it but if you do anything more than just a CAI and exhaust, maybe efans, you should probably get a built trans to hold the power.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

I have also been playing with the tune in my TBSS. As for zeroing out the tables that apears to be what the superchips hand held does. i didn't run mine with it at zero but I have 2 friends that have been doing it several months now since they use the hand helds. Both my friends and mine don't like the shift points messed with on the 2-3 shift, it won't shift and just hangs their like a speed limiter.

Not to butt in , but zeroing the shift times just removes the "Adaptive Shift Learning" correct ?
    And TM just pulls timing or throttle at shift correct ?
    Just curious !
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

There are a few things I think I can add to this post. I didn't read everything so dont flame me if I missed something.

I have tuned 20 06 TBSS's and 9 07 TBSS's with HPT.

If you have a stock trans in a TBSS removing all the torque management will toast the trans with very minimal mods. I personally took out 4 transmissions in my 06 TBSS with varying levels of mods from bolt on's to a 637rwhp turbo.

Second, if you 0 the trans tm tables completely in an 07 you may get the notorious "dead petal" leaving at least a 1 in the TM abuse tables will keep the check from looping and instigating the dead pedal issue.

Third,
    If you are going to kill torque management on a stock trans...leave the downshift torque management. It will save your trans and keep it together a lot longer than one without it.

Lastly,
    I would suggest that if you have a mod happy TBSS customer advise them to build the trans and put a converter in it with a trans cooler. At a minimum do servos and a trans cooler. Everything they do after building the trans will be better served by having the built trans and a converter. The TBSS is a big heavy truck, it is hard on the trans and hard to get out of the hole. I have an 06 and an 07 both make 600ish wheel horsepower and I speak from LOTS of experience.

Lifetime Member

Yep, cooler and servos before you really start doing anything more than a tune.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12