Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Error message

Default Error message

Got a strange error message today when comparing two like files , the only difference was that the {B3647-49} were slightly different , the error was "TEfiStringGrid.GetData(c):-1 out of range:0..16." , anyone know what this means ?
    Software version 7.5.1 (21) .
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

This error message has been reported by a number of users now. However, we cannot reproduce it consistently - yet.

If you (or anyone else) manages to figure out the exact steps required to reproduce it consistently that would be a huge help to us in tracking down and eliminating this bug.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Lifetime Member

The only times I've seen that pop up are when the system is running low on available memory...

Quote Originally Posted by dc_justin
    The only times I've seen that pop up are when the system is running low on available memory...
    Same here - I will sometimes get a series of similar error messages that will usually stop recurring if I free up some system resources.

I've also noticed what I think is tune file trashing when changing units with a modified tune; I accept the prompt to save the tune for me but when I open it, the table I was touching (always VE, I think?) has been zeroed out except for one cell. This has happened to me three times (I was exploring the % units for VE table out of curiosity) and I THINK the "save it for you?" functionality is the culprit (but admit I didn't try for repeatability...)
    2004 Pontiac GTO - Quicksilver/red/m6
    1-of-344

Don't think it was system resources caused it here , opened 5 or 6 EFILive windows and still had 536753 left open .
    The laptop I use is just for EFILive nothing else , services cut to the bone on it .
    11 EFILive and still 358764 left .
    If it happens again I will try to remember , but I don't think it was cause of low memory or system services here .
    If you run in debug mode and it causes a error will it log the error location in the code ?
    Last edited by Chevy366; October 15th, 2007 at 10:24 AM.
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Ok , got it to do it again , by accident , but here is what I was doing .
    Opened .tun file and did comparison and was changing VE and timing , copy and paste , at the time it happened I checked memory and services neither were at anything near maxed , the .tun files were identical except for the the above mentioned and 3 other tables .
    But 7.5.1 being beta , it has a slight hang when closing windows , memory leak ?
    2006 Trailblazer

I have encountered the same error several times, and emailed Blacky about it. The only thing I can see that is consistent is, when the error occurs the view I have selected in the right pane is the one with both the 3D graph, the table and the description. I dont know if this helps at all, but it does seem to be common to all errors. Additionally, it does seem to happen more often when doing a compare of two tune files. My laptop has 2 gig of ram and I have never been low on resources. It has happened with 1 EFILive window open and anywhere up to 6 open, so that doesnt appear to be related.

2002 WS6, All-Lunati 383 Strok'r @11:1, Cartek Heads, Keith/Ross Racing Custom Cam, Victor Jr., 492whp 457wtq,
    Cartek Clutch, 9" Moser w/4.11's, 35 spline Detroit Locker, QA1's, NX, BMR, Tuned w/ EFILive V2 Black Box Logging
    Check Out My Latest Tune File: HERE

Lifetime Member

Interesting, Ive noticed that when I go to select PIDs it takes a bunch of clicks before I can actually select the one I want. Drives me nuts, 7.4.2 didnt do this though, so thought Id just throw that out there.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22
    Interesting, Ive noticed that when I go to select PIDs it takes a bunch of clicks before I can actually select the one I want. Drives me nuts, 7.4.2 didnt do this though, so thought Id just throw that out there.
    Its just a screen update issue, after selecting the PId, justmove the mouse and the screen updates. It is fixed in the next update.
    Regards
    Paul

Anyone who is getting this error, please try the following configuration adjustment:

1. Open the Properties window (menu: Edit->Properties), select the [3D surfaces] tab page.
    2. Un-check the "Z-axis visible" check box.
    3. Click [Ok].

Obviously this will hide the z-axis display and the data value display in the 3D model, however, it should also prevent the error from occurring.

The error is generated when the current cell in the 3D model is undefined and EFILive attempts to display the data value. (in the black text at the top right of the 3D display).

It will be fixed in the next major update, which we expect to release before SEMA (Nov 1, 2007). Once a fix has been released, you can switch on the Z-axis display again.

In case anyone was wondering, it was a case of some memory not being initialized correctly. The memory defined the left, top, right and bottom edges of the "selected area" in the 3d model. If the memory was set to zero (most common) then the cell reference when displaying the data in the top right of the 3D model was -1, which caused the problem.

On some systems (our test systems obviously) the memory that was not being initialized was set to a random non-zero value that did not cause a problem. On other computers it was set to zero and that did cause a problem. The new version will have the memory properly initialized.

Regards
    Paul

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast