Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Open loop or semi open loop still?

Default Open loop or semi open loop still?

Hello.

It was found that I had setup a semi open loop and I believe I made all the right changes to bring it into full open loop speed density.

For some reason when I decelerate or even just let my foot off the gas I go rich. I give it throttle and I see stoich again.
    I started to adjust the main ve table but then noticed it takes fuels out of the deceleration cells constantly till I am almost at 0 in those cells and it still stays rich no matter how much I adjust them.

I started to back link the scan tool cells to see what it is using and I see in the spark etc table it s using only the 140c row of data to adjust the dyncyl air. I had my temp in F and changed it to C thinking this could be the reason that cell tracks only in the 140C row only but that didnt change it, The engine runs in 90C constantly

I see the same thing happening in coolant temp spark multiplier using same 140C row only. My intake air temp is in C also and same thing with spark iat table.

I am now looking at the B3647 and I see it is only using mostly one column in the 20kpa... What am I doing wrong and is this the reason for the decel fuel to continuously take out fuel?

Thanks

Louis

Default Here are my tune and scan logs

I forgot to add these in

Thanks

Louis
    Attached Files Attached Files

You should be in open loop with the setting you have .
    Looked like you have DFCO temp correct .
    I don't agree with the tutorial in the {B3647} area I used .99 in all but the last two cells as it show in the COS3 tutorial , the way they have it now it look as if you are using {B3647} to control a PE like state .
    Also the {A0008} settings are strange , I have found that {A0014} in fact has more influence over cold start fueling than {A0008} ({A0014} multiplies the VE , and {A0008} multiplies the Commanded Fuel {B3647}) , thus I leave both at 1.000 or {A0014} remains at 1.000 from 194*F and above 194*F , anything below 194*F I go above 1.000 to compensate for cold start up AFR .
    {B4101-02-03-04} can be zeroed , read that they can have a influence on the {B3647} table working correctly .
    I would not take what I say to heart , these are just my observations and am sure not totally correct , but none the less they are something to get started with .
    What I understand the {B3647} when the AutoVE process is happening it is just BEN factors so richer cells in the {B3647} table don't hurt , when AutoVEing you are just shooting for a value of 100% thus the 1.00 so .95 is 95% of the value and needs to be corrected .
    Maybe someone much better at this will chime in and clarify more for you .
    Last edited by Chevy366; October 16th, 2007 at 05:08 AM.
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by tunedbyGM
    Also the {A0008} settings are strange , I have found that {A0014} in fact has more influence over cold start fueling than {A0008} ({A0014} multiplies the VE , and {A0008} multiplies the Commanded Fuel {B3647}) , thus I leave both at 1.000 or {A0014} remains at 1.000 from 194*F and above 194*F , anything below 194*F I go above 1.000 to compensate for cold start up AFR .
    One thing to note:

A0014 will affect the fueling calculations and should be used to keep your AFR in line with IAT changes. A0008 alters your commanded AFR. Your best option is to nail down VE table (or MAF calibration) then determine what type of values are needed in A0014 to keep that AFR in line, then set A0008 to what you'd like your warmup AFR to be.

Make sure in the scan tool that the values are the same , Imperial , Metric as the PIDs .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Default open loop

Thank you for all the info. I am going to apply this now and take it for a spin.

I will keep all posted.

Thanks

Louis

Default open loop sd

Hello.

After reading all that is here I am not sure if I explained my problem good enough.

I understand the A008 and A0014 functions a lot better now but twin intercoolers I really dont see much change in the intake temp while driving normal. This is the problem. When I drive normal is when I have the problem.

Temps do not change anywhere while this is happening. While driving speed limit I see stoich. As soon as I let off the throttle I see 11 and 12s while off the throttle or any time the engine goes back down to idle.

If someone could look at my map I added here previously where the cells inder 15-approx 35 kpa are constantly being reported as needing less fuel till the numbers get to almost 0 in the cells. Im sure it would go a lot lower then 0 but I keep trying to smooth that out only to see that it wont change the fact it reports rich there.

In open loop speed density I was under the impression that dfco doesnt come into play? What can be causing fuel to be constantly rich on decel even after map is corrected. The cells report approx .85 to be taken out of those cells every run.

Thanks

Louis

Lifetime Member

Have you tried disabling B4108 -STFT idle trims, mine was doing the same thing while I was trying to AutoVE, disabling this helped.

Can't say about the rich off pedal fueling but DFCO is turned off when AutoVEing to keep it from going lean when you go off pedal fueling , that way smother fueling transition from off pedal to on .
    2006 Trailblazer

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by louis
    If someone could look at my map I added here previously where the cells inder 15-approx 35 kpa are constantly being reported as needing less fuel till the numbers get to almost 0 in the cells. Im sure it would go a lot lower then 0 but I keep trying to smooth that out only to see that it wont change the fact it reports rich there.

In open loop speed density I was under the impression that dfco doesnt come into play? What can be causing fuel to be constantly rich on decel even after map is corrected. The cells report approx .85 to be taken out of those cells every run.

Thanks

Louis
    What injectors are you using?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast