Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best activation of PE mode

Hi Steve,

I'm logging GM.ETCTP. I've found that using the "correction table" for PE control works fine. PE comes in as expected with no random changes etc, so I believe that the "correction table" works ( at least for PE ). I posted a pic of the table I use here....

http://forum.efilive.com/showpost.ph...21&postcount=5

The green line was logged data, 20 to 30 instances where the ECM entered PE for each setting of TPS%, then the values were averaged.

The Yellow line is just a trend line so I didn't have to log every possible setting.

As for the actual settings, I'm finding that setting TPS% quite low and only relying on MAP to control PE is working well.

Simon.

Ive been doing cars by activating off MAP, but i think setting the TPS activator a little higher and MAP a fair bit lower might let the enrichment happen a little earlier.

Its another topic but what have you found with Dynamic fuelling, i want to see more fuel after stomp. But what looks like it should work doesnt on the cars i have tested it on.
    Oztrack
    EFILive Tuning Consultant

Worldwide Remote Tuning Service

2006 NSW Super Street Drag Racing Champion

www.oztrack.com.au

I haven't really had an issue with PE not coming in fast enough. I do ramp it in pretty quickly though, currently the ramp in rate is at 0.8 for some testing.

Dynamic fueling is a whole bunch of excitement......

As others have found, dynamic fueling and injector timing both effect how the AFR's are affected on large throttle transients. Are you looking to get a rich mixture on throttle close or just extend the time that the stomp fuel is added for? You may find that injector timing will help here. I'm guessing that you've tried B2004, I would have though that that was the one but I think it needs B2002 and B2003 set up to make it work. From memory, the default settings simply turn stomp compensation on and off with no ramp out settings. I think B2002 needs to be a bit below B2003 to get the "ramp" effect.

Does this sound right?

Simon.

I find that most mafless E38s dont richen up quick enough or enough early tip in. This is especially needed with any top mount supercharged cars.

I would like to get more fuel being added and decay it slower with my own car as well.
    Oztrack
    EFILive Tuning Consultant

Worldwide Remote Tuning Service

2006 NSW Super Street Drag Racing Champion

www.oztrack.com.au

Sounds more like dynamic fueling than PE required for that then? Perhaps more is hitting the wall on tip in until air velocity picks up? (grasping at straws
    Get EFILive in europe (http://www.efilive.eu).
    2007 Escalade ESV L92 6.2L VVT.
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.

The only time I've noticed anything like this is on medium throttle movements. Go for a "big" WOT stomp and AFR's look pretty good, but medium transitions result in AFR traces with rounded bases on PE tip in. I agree with ringram that it's Dynamics that should be used to alter this, B2008 and B2009 would be a starting point...

Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by oztracktuning View Post
    I find that most mafless E38s dont richen up quick enough or enough early tip in. This is especially needed with any top mount supercharged cars.

I would like to get more fuel being added and decay it slower with my own car as well.
    I have noticed this with e38 mafless to steve. A slight lean spot on fuel tip in. It is not there with the maf on. But maf on I run into issues with reversion as the maf is mounted directly in front of the TB.

With stock cams it is not to bad but with bigger cams that have less vacuum and generally like more fuel on tip in it is very noticable. Adjusting pe earlier has no effect as it leans on tip in during stoich aswell. It is possible it is deactivated once airflow data is stopped from the MAF being disconnected.

I can see it could be a pain on blown engines and big cammed cars. It is annoying to live with in a way and it is the only reason I still have the MAF on. It definately works maf on as I commanded higher amounts in B2005 and I got very rich afr on tip in.

I have a 2010 Camaro with a Whipple Supercharger on it and have been noticing this same initial lean condition on tip in transition between open loop fueling to PE with the MAF disconnected. What settings in B2005 are you using to get a rich tip in with the MAF connected? Does this table have any effect with out the MAF?

thats typical of mafless e38. Its a combination of dynamics pe enable

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12