Thread: What does this mean in plain English?

Default What does this mean in plain English?

B6612 "ETC Pedal Torque Limit Reduction" is described as follows in the onscreen help:

"Usd to limit the percentage of electronic throttle control (ETC) opening, based on desired torque percentage and engine speed."

Can someone explain to me what this means in plain English?

More specifically, if I want to retain traction control funcitonality, but do not want to limit my WOT performance UNLESS I lose traction at speeds above 10 mph, how do I set the values in this table?

Jim G

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Based on other inputs, the PCM determines whether or not it needs to reduce the engine's torque output. One reason the PCM will reduce the engine's torque output is to control wheel spin during acceleration - aka traction control.

The PCM calculates the percentage torque reduction required to eliminate the current wheel spin. Then it uses that table to determine the throttle opening percentage that will provide the deisered reduction in engine torque output.

For example, the PCM detects wheel spin and after some calcualtions, determines it should reduce engine torque output to 85%. It looks up the throttle position using the desired torque and rpm values as index values and limits the throttle position to no more than the value in the table.

Regards
    Paul

So, this table should NOT be edited?

Or, if it should, based on what guidance?

Jim G

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimGnitecki
    So, this table should NOT be edited?

Or, if it should, based on what guidance?

Jim G
    Basically it determines the PCMs response to wheel spin.
    Decrease the values in the table to make the PCM limit the throttle opening to lower values, increase the values to allow larger throttle openings under traction control.

Basically, if the PCM is not removing all wheel spin then decrease the values. That will cause the PCM to close the throttle even more, when it detects wheel spin.
    If the PCM is removing too much throttle while controlling wheel spin, then increase the values.

The PCM also limits torque output using spark retard. When adjusting traction control, you may want to adjust that table first, before altering the TPS values.

Regards
    Paul

Got it Paul! Thanks!

Jim G

Lifetime Member

Default b6612 in action

any ideas on how to fix this stock 8.1 in 3/4 truck doggy b6612 wont give it any power. with b6612 at 100% it rips but throttle delays on shut down.that log its on the wood. makes for a doggy pullling truck.that truck has no need in traction control. maxed out the tables and will brake torque and spin 3 foot and runs like heck. any ideas on how to disarm b6612 this truck needs it bad.hhr will smoke it lol
    Attached Files Attached Files

....and this is why I love my cable operated TB!

(no offense guys)