Thread: n00b reporting...

Default n00b reporting...

Just got my LC1/V1 in the mail the other day and I'm stoked. Also picked up my daily beater today, so this means I can really start to dig into the tuning aspect of the car and not worry about if I'll have it ready to take to work. Sadly I don't have access to a welder, so I will have to have my bung for the LC1 welded in by someone else. Ideally I wouldn't mind having my LC1 double as the narrowband sensor, but lemme take one step at a time. I am wondering what, if anything can be done right now without having a WB02 hooked up? I have a tune on the car already but I'm not fully satisfied with the driveability/etc. of it. Obviously anything WOT is out besides logging, but what about idle/driveability stuff? I did some searching and found SSpdDemon's thread to be very helpful, and also hunted out the RAFIG process too. Car is 2000 Formula with bolt ons, LS6 intake, and 224/226 cam.

-J

J,

Welcome to the forum...

You could install the LC-1 in the RHS front NBO2 bung (this is the easier side) and wire it for NBO2 simulation and WBO2 logging...

but, if you're doing Auto VE, you'll be running in open loop, so you don't really need NBO2 simulation.

Without the wideband, you can still drive/log/analyze and make sure everyhing is running right; you could still use the long term fuel trims to adjust fueling if you wanted (altho it will be easier with the wideband), you could use NBO2 voltage to make sure you're sufficiently rich at WOT (not to set the actual AFR, but to make sure you're safely rich); do idle tuning.

You can adjust ignition timing, fan on/off temps, trans shift points/feel, etc...

Play with bidir controls.

Cheers,
    Joe

joecar, so your saying tuning the fuel table and timing is pointless to do w/o a wideband o2 sensor?

I still gotta read up on this autove thing.
    11 Silverado
    08 Sierra
    91 RS with 350 TPI and 411 ECM

Thanks! Maybe I'm just really absent minded, but I can't seem to really do anything right now with this... I do "Register EFI Live" and enter the info on the card that I got with it, which what I thought I purchased was commercial scan/tune. Card says scanner only, and when I try to do V1 PCM Licensing, it says this tool is scanner only (which it says on the card). Am I doing something wrong? I thought I got scan and tune but right now all I can do is scan... I just wanted to pull the tune off the PCM. I tried to find a "getting started" thread but can't locate one. Any help? Great start, I know :lol:

-J

Quote Originally Posted by Dale
    joecar, so your saying tuning the fuel table and timing is pointless to do w/o a wideband o2 sensor?

I still gotta read up on this autove thing.
    No, I'm saying that you can still tune using LTFT's, but the wideband makes it easier (and gives you direct "certainty" of your efforts).

Quote Originally Posted by lastcall190
    Thanks! Maybe I'm just really absent minded, but I can't seem to really do anything right now with this... I do "Register EFI Live" and enter the info on the card that I got with it, which what I thought I purchased was commercial scan/tune. Card says scanner only, and when I try to do V1 PCM Licensing, it says this tool is scanner only (which it says on the card). Am I doing something wrong? I thought I got scan and tune but right now all I can do is scan... I just wanted to pull the tune off the PCM. I tried to find a "getting started" thread but can't locate one. Any help? Great start, I know :lol:

-J
    J,

Are you saying you got a scanner only (card says only that)...?

I pm'd tech support (Tordne/Andrew);

You should still be able to read the tune from the PCM (a license is needed for writing only).

We'll get you sorted out.

lastcall190: I'll send an email to you shortly which we can address any licensing related matter, rather then going through this thread.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Thanks for the responses guys! Place I bought it from CALLED me at 1145 this morning left a voicemail they are sorting this all out. Got your email btw Tordne, thanks, not even involved in selling me the part and looking to help, I appreciate it. I'll let this thread know what happens when I get it straightened out.

-J

If it is a FlashScan device then we supplied it one way or another

Glad it is all in hand.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew