Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: V2 Black Box Logging - Beta Release

is there going to be a manual in regards to BBL?

Quote Originally Posted by mr.prick
    is there going to be a manual in regards to BBL?
    After all that time programming I'd hope it's fully automatic

I'll get my coat

Jim

It won't be the "prettiest" thing you've ever seen but it will do BB logging.
    Given real considerations, I would hope that the mid to late November release is going to surpass what was to be done quickly before SEMA.

I also hope that once this hurdle is overcome, that more of the planned functions of the V2 can be brought to reality quicker.

I can understand some of the circumstances, but I have been disappointed that I upgraded to the V2 over a year ago and now we are after SEMA and it will still be another half a month before the possibility that V2 can log, much less use the SD card to hold tunes and upload and download tunes.

Just generalizing of course, but I would be willing to say that a good majority of your upgrade customers (not tuning shops persay) were after those features.

When planning these features, how did you guys test these features on the pre-production circuit boards without working firmware before committing to large scale production? Is this a V7 to V8 consideration? Just trying to understand.

I like my V2 - well, I want to like my V2. Hopefuly, once you guys get back this will finally become reality.

Question Looking Ahead

I am frustrated as well but at this point, I would prefer to look ahead.

What can we expect in the near and foreseeable future from EFILive? What additions can we expect from V7?

When will V8 launch in general terms and what will this bring to the table?

WIIFM? What's in it for me?

Will we ever see even limited RTT within EFILive?
    Last edited by Chalky; November 6th, 2007 at 06:09 AM.
    2015 Z06 A8

Bump!
    2015 Z06 A8

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hyper99
    Given real considerations, I would hope that the mid to late November release is going to surpass what was to be done quickly before SEMA.
    Yes it is a comprehensive BB logging release. Although the first beta release will most probably require a manual setup procedure. i.e. you'll need to enter the PID selections into a text file that will be copied into the V2 device. Then you can select from any of your pre-defined PID selections when BB logging with V2. Before the beta version goes live, the PID selection/definition will be built into the EFILive Scan software - similar to how V1 BB logging works now.

I also hope that once this hurdle is overcome, that more of the planned functions of the V2 can be brought to reality quicker.
    Yes it will. 80% of the hard work is done. The underlying software infrastructure that no-one ever sees is what takes the majority of the time. That infrastructure work is completed, tested and working. Development work (from now on) is focusing on the GUI and user features.

I can understand some of the circumstances, but I have been disappointed that I upgraded to the V2 over a year ago and now we are after SEMA and it will still be another half a month before the possibility that V2 can log, much less use the SD card to hold tunes and upload and download tunes.
    Logging to the SD card wil be available only a week or two after internal logging.

Just generalizing of course, but I would be willing to say that a good majority of your upgrade customers (not tuning shops persay) were after those features.
    Yes, I know

When planning these features, how did you guys test these features on the pre-production circuit boards without working firmware before committing to large scale production? Is this a V7 to V8 consideration? Just trying to understand.
    A prototype version of BB logging was tested years ago, before we committed FlashScan's hardware to manufacture. The delay has not been "getting BB logging working", the delay has been integrating BB logging with (existing and future...) firmware, comms protocols, scan and tune software plus AutoCal's hardware design requirements and external third party requirements.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

any idea when we can expect the new update?

Paul,

Thanks for the info. I think we all can work past the first rev of the BB logging being a bit bumpy - first revs of software usually are. Time is/has been the enemy here, not your abilities... I think what you and Ross have been able to accomplish in such a short timeframe is pretty amazing.

As soon as you are ready and the BB update is posted, I'll be sure to beat on it.

Thanks

Will we be able too load tunes with from the v2 without the use of a computer or will that be a later release?

That will be in a later release.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast