Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Here = noob

Default New Here = noob

Hey guys im new here just registered a couple days ago. just received my v2 today dont know where to start my current pcm already has a mail tune, should i start from a stock tune? or keep modifying current tune?

Blazinblue, welcome to the forum...

Best things to do right now:
    - read the scantool pdf, and do a bunch of logging;
    - read the tunetool pdf, and use the scantool->tunetool link feature to follow from your logs what your tune is doing;
    - read the Auto VE tutorial, it shows how a few tables are involved.

The idea is that you want to know how your current tune is behaving based on your logs.

Cheers
    Joe

Glad you got it . Do like Joe said and go from there. I'd get the WB setup and do some loging and see where your at with the W4M tune and tweek from there. See if you can find a stock tune with the same OS as yours from www.holdencrazy.com so you can compare it to yours and see what Jesse did. It will teach you a lot. It you get stuck, let me know and I will try to help you.
    01 ECSB 1/2 ton 4x4 Forged 5.7 LS1 GMC

Custom KBracing front mounted, BW S480, intercooled turbo

Thanks for the help guys! yes I'm reading the AutoVE tutorial, I'm doing exactly what the tutorial says to change on the tables ect.. Yea i will have to read the tutorial on installing the WB. From the stock tune and jesse's tune the Main VE table would pretty much be the same. is that normal?

Quote Originally Posted by blazinblue
    Thanks for the help guys! yes I'm reading the AutoVE tutorial, I'm doing exactly what the tutorial says to change on the tables ect.. Yea i will have to read the tutorial on installing the WB. From the stock tune and jesse's tune the Main VE table would pretty much be the same. is that normal?
    Ya, most mail order tuners don't change the stock VE table if the vehicle is mostly stock.

I have a question, to start data logging, do i need to have the wideband installed?? To start viewing the BEN map.. Because when i try and open a map, theres only maps for the Wideband BEN. Because i opened the LC-1 Wideband BEN and when i started to monitor it and logged it, only one green cell would appear.. help??
    also when i try to open a logged file it says channel count is 0, cannot load file.. thanks for the help guys!

edit: ok now i got the cell parts working, their displaying in the map
    Last edited by blazinblue; October 24th, 2007 at 12:17 PM.

You can't measure BEN without a WB. BEN is the commanded AFR vs actual AFR, and you don't know what actual is w/out the a WB.

You can log all the other PID though, but you have to have them selected for them to log, that's why your channel count is 0, you have no PIDs slected

Yea noticed i didn't have them selected.. It started to log all the cells on the map.. Heres a screen of a 20 min log.. Iv'e applied the filter settings and hid the low cells. But when i went to apply the cells in the Main VE table it just says cannot find any matching/row/col labels.. am i even doing it right??? thanks

The line thought the top of LC-1 data tells me that you don't have the LC-1 WB installed or setup correctly. That and that's not the right MAP, that a TPS map, not a Main VE map. Those are only cell count (number of times you hit that cell), they are not data. Need to click on the X with the line over it to see the data.

ohh yea i knew something was wrong. Also i have onother map, MainVE Table - LC-1 WideBand BEN, would that be the correct map to use when i install the Wideband? Also can i get the data without using the Wideband? just to get the data while i install it?? thanks for the help man

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast