Thread: What does this tell me?

Default What does this tell me?

I have knock retard, I know I did, but today I went out and actually logged a hard 2nd gear run to look into it. I notice that upon tip in, I get an immediate 4*, but as it climbs, you can see that the KR starts to taper off. Is that the normal behavior of it? I'd have gone through third the same way but there was a state trooper a bit up the road and didn't feel like pressing my luck. Any input is appreciated, as well as anything that you might see wrong.

-J
    Attached Files Attached Files

That looks like a normal retard decay rate, you can speed up the decay by increasing the values in B6207 (Knock retarded recovery rate) it might be a good idea to drop your timing a little around the tip in point also.
    If you can get out and do some third or forth gear pulls you will get more stable readings over a longer sample period.

Once you get your timing sorted get your hands on a wide band O2 sensor and look into leaning your engine down, looking at the commanded A/F and injector duty cycle I would assume you have not carried out an auto VE tune or set up your PE mixture.

What is your MAP reading with the key on engine off? If it’s around 100 you have a slightly restrictive intake as you are running around 94-95 map at WOT.

Thanks. Yes I have a WB02, my car is currently in for an alignment so when I can do some long 3rd/4th gear pulls the car doesn't want to vibrate apart at the hinges and fly off the road Funny you mention the commanded A/F, that is one of the first things I noticed, and the funny part is that I "got a tune" a week after the cam install. I wish I knew then what I know now :( Thank you very much for the input. Good weather is running out, I'll try to get out there a few more times.

-J