Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AutoVE how to for the LS2 E40 PCM using EfiLives AutoVE tutorial

Lifetime Member

Final draught available for comment at beggining of thread

Lifetime Member

I've seen this come up in other threads.

Should EQ values of 1.00 be used in the AutoVE process or does this onlt affect semi open loop in custom operating systems

Well my understanding is that EQ 1 is just a value to make everything consistent and reduce variations where adjacent cells command different values throwing our your BEN map.
    You can equally well command 13:1 everywhere (EQ 1.13) though fuel economy will suffer until you finish your ve and return to more saner values.
    The other guys are right, you dont want to be at EQ 1 under WOT conditions especially with FI.
    I just used to command 14.63 up to 80kpa then 13:1 thereafter and AUTOVE to that.
    You "should" be able to do that by telling PE to trigger on 80kpa and not trigger on TPS (ie set TPS trigger to 0% or 1% etc) and command 1.13 at that point up.
    Get EFILive in europe (http://www.efilive.eu).
    2007 Escalade ESV L92 6.2L VVT.
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by ringram
    Well my understanding is that EQ 1 is just a value to make everything consistent and reduce variations where adjacent cells command different values throwing our your BEN map.
    You can equally well command 13:1 everywhere (EQ 1.13) though fuel economy will suffer until you finish your ve and return to more saner values.
    The other guys are right, you dont want to be at EQ 1 under WOT conditions especially with FI.
    I just used to command 14.63 up to 80kpa then 13:1 thereafter and AUTOVE to that.
    You "should" be able to do that by telling PE to trigger on 80kpa and not trigger on TPS (ie set TPS trigger to 0% or 1% etc) and command 1.13 at that point up.
    Hi, thanks, you misunderstood my I think? What I meant was if you command EQ = 1, the PCM will ignore the wide band and look to the NB and try to go closed loop. Setting EQ to something near stoich means the PCM will always be using the wideband?

Quote Originally Posted by Gelf VXR
    Hi, thanks, you misunderstood my I think? What I meant was if you command EQ = 1, the PCM will ignore the wide band and look to the NB and try to go closed loop. Setting EQ to something near stoich means the PCM will always be using the wideband?
    The commanded EQ of 1.0 is an offshoot of the days tuning was done with LTFT since this corresponds with the known switchpoint of the narrowband sensor. Now we all are tuning with widebands we can set our fuelling maps to where we want them to be, and not have to worry about melting our engines when tuning the higher map cells.
    Semi open loop is only in the custom operating sytems so is not an issue with these PCM's.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky
    Use the attached cal_link.txt file which includes the B0146 link PIDs:
    ;Open Loop Fuel IVT Multiplier
    B0146.ROW=E38.INVLVTMP_DMA
    B0146.COL=SAE.MAP

That means you must select the E38.INVLVTMP_DMA PID to get the link to work.

This file is part of the new 7.5 release that is being cut to CD this week.

Regards
    Paul
    I thought i had this problem sorted, when i entered the E38.INVLTMP_DMA for ****B0146.ROW unknown***** ii did not work, i wondered why i was asked to use the E38 pid when i'm using an E40 and i noticed that the E40 uses GM.INVLTMP_DMA, so I entered that, now its been a while i don't rightly remember if this worked or not.

I have updated to 7.5.3 and neither works with any of my saved log files. How do i get the scan tool to accept an E38 as a valid pid when i',m using an E40?

I'm home in a couple of days, i'm determined to start the AutoVE process..

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gelf VXR
    I thought i had this problem sorted, when i entered the E38.INVLTMP_DMA for ****B0146.ROW unknown***** ii did not work, i wondered why i was asked to use the E38 pid when i'm using an E40 and i noticed that the E40 uses GM.INVLTMP_DMA, so I entered that, now its been a while i don't rightly remember if this worked or not.

I have updated to 7.5.3 and neither works with any of my saved log files. How do i get the scan tool to accept an E38 as a valid pid when i',m using an E40?

I'm home in a couple of days, i'm determined to start the AutoVE process..

Thanks to EfiLive support team

Issue corrected GM.INVLTMP_DMA should read GM.INVLVTMP_DMA

Lifetime Member

Default System Monitoring PID's for AutoVE :D

I was logging this pid SAE.FUELSYS to check I was in open loop

SAE.FUELSYS - monitors

STATUS A and STATUS B (bank 1, bank 2) = OPEN LOOP / CLOSED LOOP

I also logged this pid GM.FSST without knowing what it did and just discovered a wealth of information shown below

GM.FSST - monitors

FSST-SFPO SECONDARY FUEL PUMP ON = YES / NO
    FSST-PEA POWER ENRICHMENT ACTIVE = YES / NO
    FSST-HCEA HOT COOLANT ENRICHMENT ACTIVE = YES /NO
    FSST-FTLA FUEL TRIM LEARN ENABLED = YES / NO
    FSST-FPO FUEL PUMP ON = YES /NO
    FSST-FCLA FUEL CLOSED LOOP ACTIVE = YES/NO
    FSST-DFCOA DECEL FUEL CUT OFF ACTIVE = YES / NO
    FSST-CPA CAT PROTECTION ACTIVE = YES / NO

Default calc_link.txt

Can't change it as it's read only. How do I change this? I try to change this in properties, but it always reverts back to read only! Maybe I'm just tired and frustrated! Car didn't run so well tonight.

anyone have an auto spark excel file? I tried to put one together like in the tutorial, but my excel skills fail me.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast