I have an idea I would like to run by the tuning experts....

It is my understanding that Closed Loop AFR is partially controled by the O2 Switch Points table. Most truck tunes I have looked at have 450mv loaded in the O2 Switch Point table with the exception of some stock 6.0L trucks are richer, and this is why STFTs and LTFTs try to achieve ~14.63 AFR.

For example my stock tune:

Now each Closed Loop Mode corresponds to a Grams/Second {link: GM.DYNCYLAIR_DMA} value via the Closed Loop Mode table.
For example my Stock Table (this in only half the values, sorry the table is too big)

Combining both tables together

So given a certain Grams/Second in closed loop the computer will try and achive the corresponding AFR via the Switch Point Table.

Is this correct?

Now for the second part, if I were to change the AFR (15.5ish) in the lower MAP areas in my Commanded Fuel When in Open Loop table, then AutoVE tune. During AutoVE tuning also log DYNCYLAIR vs WB AFR to determine what CL mode corresponds to what AFR. I would also have to log WB AFR vs O2 sensor voltage to determine how the WB AFR translates to MilliVolts. After the VE table is dialed in for the lower AFR ranges, then you would have to tune the MAF to correspond.

Does this sound like it would work? I have been meaning to try it but I have not had the time to do any logging.....