Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Doe
Ok, I loaded up the tune SSpdDmon suggested. I ran a cold startup and did the RAFIG process, then added those numbers to the desired airflow, reflashed and took a drive. I have a few observations in addition to my log.

1. The car pulls more vacuum at idle at 900 rpms than it did at 850 rpms. Not surprise here, but now I'm at ~65 kPa.

2. During the cold startup the commanded AFR was in the 12s or 13s, and the WBO2 feedback was in the 14s. Once it warmed up, the two matched within a few percent. My VE values at idle seem to vary from day to day by a few percent.

This is normal. Worry more about what the car does at operating temps.

3. When comming to a stop, if I let the car coast down in gear, there was much less bucking than before. There was also less bucking on very light throttle low rpm, creeping around in 1st gear.

4. When comming to a stop, the car seemed to have less tendancy to stall. Before I would stall often comming to a stop. Now, it seems as if it has a tendancy to stall if I push the clutch in while hte rpms are greater than say 2000 or 2500. A few times it dropped down to 300 rpms for a second, then saved itself. One time it idled at ~400-500 rpms for several seconds before comming back up to 900 rpms. If I coast down to a stop while in gear, then push in the clutch when the rpms are near idle, it comes into idle great.

Try adding a little more across the top row of the throttle cracker (400rpm). I think I had you at 3grams/sec. Try 5grams/sec just for that row. While rolling, the idle spark overspeed/underspeed corrections are disabled. That's why it's a little slower to respond.

The other thing you can do is log your throttle follower. If the rpms are dropping too fast, the decay rates I gave you may be too high.

5. I still get part throtle knock, possibly a touch less than before, its hard to tell. I see 1-3 degrees of KR around 1800-2000 rpms in 1st gear taking off from a stop. I'm not sure what to think about this.

Log where this happens several times. If it's consistently in the same spot of the timing table, try pulling a little more timing there.

6. No WOT or high throttle KR at all.

I've attached two logs. The first one is the cold start log. This log shows the command showing in the 12s or 13s, and the actual in the 14s during warmup.

The second log is a quick 10 minute drive with lots part throttle and also some 2nd gear and part 3rd gear WOT pulls.

On the second log, here are some areas of interest
This frame shows where I pushed in the clutch rolling to a stop and it idled at 400 rpms for a while before the timing jumped up and pulled it back to 900 rpms. Not sure why it took so long for the timin to jump up and bring it back to 900 rpms. Starts at frame 950.
These frames are where I see part throttle knock: 1570, 1960, 5810
Thes frames are the WOT frames: 2140, 2650, 2860
Glad it helped...