Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: "The" DPF removal write-up

I figured thats what the sounds was. I was monitoring the truck with the laptop the other day and it changed from the hissing exhaust sounds to a very low pitched rumble that I thought was really neat sounding. I looked at the turbo vane position on the laptop and it was reading 72%. It only made the low rumble for a few seconds and then went back to the hissing and the vane position went back to 80% which is where it seems to stay at idle. Personal preference I guess, but I am trying to make it have the low rumble sound at adle all the time.

In an effort to do this, I tried adjusting some of the vane position tables. I adjusted tables B2210-B2215 with a -10% adjustment to the 300,600 & 800 RPM columns. I then went and adjusted tables B2222-B2224 to 50% in the 120, 300 and 800 RPM columns. Loaded up this tune, but the vane position still reads 80% at idle and I still have the hissing? I'll keep playing with it and see if I stumble across the something that works. Im trying to make an adjustment that has an impact on the vane position at idle, but not so much of an impact that I get a lot of turbo lag off the line.

As for the code issue, apparently it is setting the codes as "pending" codes. They have not illuminated the MIL yet. I am just wondering why they get set at all since the tune I am running has those particular codes set to "Not reported, No Mil"

This is my first Diesel so I won't venture to say if an axhausted and tuned LMM is stronger than an LBZ (my buddy has an LBZ), but I like the way mine drives compared to stock. It only stayed stock for 1000 miles, but I can tell it is much stronger now

Go to the turbo vane angle tables and adjust the low and medium altitude tables to 25 percent at 800 rpm and below. This will give you a nice rumble. Going below 25 % did not seem to improve the exhaust note. Have fun...

I tried a tune with the low and medium tables set to 20% and it still hissed and the vane position was still reading 80% on the scan tool. I then tried another tune leaving the low and medium tables set to 20% and the limit tables set to 50% (B2222 and B2223) 800 RPM and below.

Ooops, hit the post button before I was done with that last post. So here is the rest of it.

With both the low and medium vane target position tables (B2212-B2215) set for 20% in cells 0,300:20,800 and the Vane target position maximum (B2223 and B2224) set for 50% in the 120, 300 and 800 columns I was able to get it to work, sort of. I started the truck up and got a nice pleasing sound. But, the scan tool is reading 50% on vane position. So, it must be limiting based on B2224 even though B2215 should be limiting it to 20% at idle (750RPM and 4mm^3) I don't understand whats happening, but it seems to be doing what I wanted.

As for driveability, I think I can feel a very slight delay in spool up leaving a stop light, but that is only if I go foot to floor from idle when the light turns green. Also, I think i detect a little less engine braking effect. No instrumented results to back this up, just seat of the pants feel.

Can you do a DPF delete WITHOUT physically removing the unit ? Or will it plug up eventually & throw codes ?

Quote Originally Posted by tblu92
    Can you do a DPF delete WITHOUT physically removing the unit ?
    I don't see how. they load up every 4+ hours of driving. EGT would soon explode, economy would suffer, then it would "blow a gasket"
    Michael, Systems Engineer 04.5 D-max LLY, Phoenix, Arizona Email
    Custom Tuning Services
    DURAMAX/CUMMINS ECM's TCM's for sale, all years, 20% wholesale discount available
    EFILive's first VGT "Software Wastegate Tune"

Quote Originally Posted by tblu92
    Can you do a DPF delete WITHOUT physically removing the unit ? Or will it plug up eventually & throw codes ?
    There would be almost no point anyway, the only reason people need to handle the codes is because it's been removed, if it's all still in place then leave it be.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Thanks guys !!!

hey nobody anserd his code problem. anyone know why he kept getting those codes while it said not reported no mil? i am having the same problem the check engine light is on and i've done everything i think i had to do. set everything to not reported that had to do with dpf and regen and all that and still getting the same codes thrown. any ideas?

I have seen a couple LMM's that also kept tripping DTC's yet the MIL enablers where set to no MIL.........

Howard

www.redline-motorsports.net

1-954-703-5560

2006 ZO6 895/866 with APS TT
    2010 SSRS Camaro HTR-900TT (798/801)
    2011 HTR-850R Camaro
    2012 ZL1 Auto (10.33@135 MPH) Video Here!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast