Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: "The" DPF removal write-up

Default Thanks for all the help but I'm stuck

Hey Boost Custom here trying to remove the DPF.... My question is does anyone know how to turn off the See Dealer Now & Clean Filter messages that keep popping up in the DIC??? Any help would be great.. Also I can't seem to find the location to set the "min regen temp to max"... Any clues??

Well there are a few things you can do, you can go to engine diagnostics, then DTC enables and look up all the related dpf or cat DTCs and set each one to no mil. so that it wont pop up or turn the check engine light on. One way to find all the necessary ones to change is to read and write down the trouble codes and set each one to not reported no mil. example 2455 and 2454 at stock there set to 2 trips emissions related Mil On, change it to Not reported no mil. and do this to any related dpf or cat emissions DTC enables. Hope this helps

Smile Hey LMM Pioneer!!

Thanks for the Help... I will go back and check that plan out Thanks Again

Custom...

Lifetime Member

I had a friend truck that was fine for a couple weeks then all of a sudden it set a P0101 or MAF code. So I just turned it off. He said it would go into reduced power mode, and smoke like a train. But after 1 ignition cycle, everything was fine again. But he said his economy went in the toilet. I have turned the code off, so we'll see what happens. Just wondered if anyone else had experienced this?

Will the DPF have any effect on the exhaust tempatures if I add a programmer.I am new to the diesel age and just purchased a 3500HD crew cab 6.6l long bed.I want to add the programmer to get more horses and torque.

Two questions related to DPF removal: Hypotheticly, What would show up on an "Emissions Test" (The kind where they plug into the OBD2 port) if the DPF has been removed? I'm guessing those tests aren't looking for a specific set of tests, but looking for a "not ready" or "failed", etc. I'm guessing that assuming my guess is correct, DPF removal with DPF related tests and DTC's disabled in the tune will appear to pass as far as the computer is concerned?

The other question is what happens if I remove the DPF from the tune and all's happy, but then the person gets a programmer such as a PPE or Predator? Will the "Canned" tuner overwrite the EFI mods and rsul in the DPF being re-enabled, or will the "Canned" tuner read what's in the ECM and only modify the fueling, tuning, booest, timing, etc as needed, leaving my EFI DPF removal modifications intact?

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar281 View Post
    Two questions related to DPF removal: Hypotheticly, What would show up on an "Emissions Test" (The kind where they plug into the OBD2 port) if the DPF has been removed? I'm guessing those tests aren't looking for a specific set of tests, but looking for a "not ready" or "failed", etc. I'm guessing that assuming my guess is correct, DPF removal with DPF related tests and DTC's disabled in the tune will appear to pass as far as the computer is concerned?

The other question is what happens if I remove the DPF from the tune and all's happy, but then the person gets a programmer such as a PPE or Predator? Will the "Canned" tuner overwrite the EFI mods and rsul in the DPF being re-enabled, or will the "Canned" tuner read what's in the ECM and only modify the fueling, tuning, booest, timing, etc as needed, leaving my EFI DPF removal modifications intact?
    If you load a tune on top of the DPF removal tune yes it will over write it. I am a few customers with PPE tunes that I had to go back in a change the required parameters need to shut off DPF when the removed it.

www.redline-motorsports.net

1-954-703-5560

2006 ZO6 895/866 with APS TT
    2010 SSRS Camaro HTR-900TT (798/801)
    2011 HTR-850R Camaro
    2012 ZL1 Auto (10.33@135 MPH) Video Here!

I just ordered my efi live!!! I have a quick question, Can I modify the stock tune just to get rid of the dpf and leave all other stock levels the same. All I want to do right now is run a straight pipe with stock tuning. Is it just a matter of changing those values as stated on the stock tune and reloading it?
    2008 Silverado 2500HD LMM EXTCAB 4x4
    ..With a few things done to it

Lifetime Member

Yes thats correct. Turn off DPF and then should be set. Upload new tune. Of course the ECM will record the tune was uploaded and if you go in for a warranty engine issue then look for a possible warranty lose. Many post on DPF delete over say on www.dieselplace.com

Brian

Not concerned about the warrenty Issue, my dealer is easy to work with. I just wanna run stock level tuning with the dpf gone. Glad I can do this, hopefully my efi live gets here soon so i can put on my exhaust
    2008 Silverado 2500HD LMM EXTCAB 4x4
    ..With a few things done to it

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast