Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: "The" DPF removal write-up

This question is in reference to the DTC's P2033 and P0546, EGT Sensor DTC's. If I use a DPF delete pipe w/bungs on my LMM, port the factory EGT sensors into the proper bungs in the replacement straight pipe, and do not disable the DTC's as stated above, will I be OK? In other words no codes reported for EGT sensors as all is well with EGT temps? My plan is to retain the EGT sensors so my EDGE Insight can still monitor the sensors via the ODBII connection rather than having to add new/separate EGT sensor.
    TIA for replying by anyone who has knowledge of this process.
    Last edited by NCRay; February 3rd, 2016 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Bad typing

It should be OK---- The only time you would want to permanently delete those related codes is if you un plugged those sensors-- on a full straight pipe kit without bungs----
    Are you sure this is where the Edge gets EGT's from ??? I don't think so----Most all EGT sensors require you to drill a hole in the Exhaust manifold right in the engine bay and plug the EGT sensor there----
    If you relocate the sensor on the delete pipe I'm not sure if you will get an accurate reading---as it's too far away----(unless Edge says that it's OK to install their sensor on the delete pipe )

I did that same my 2010 LMM. I actually had the pressure sensor pipes installed also and didn't turn off any codes. I never had a check engine light in 30k miles (I sold truck in Dec). The edge insight can read the DPF EGT sensors, but that's not an accurate way to measure exhaust temps for engine/turbo related issues. They are too far past the turbo and past the Cat.

Jay
    2019 Sierra 6.2l
    2017 2500HD L5P
    2010 2500HD LMM (sold)
    2005 Harley Ultra Classic

Quote Originally Posted by tblu92 View Post
    It should be OK---- The only time you would want to permanently delete those related codes is if you un plugged those sensors-- on a full straight pipe kit without bungs----
    Are you sure this is where the Edge gets EGT's from ??? I don't think so----Most all EGT sensors require you to drill a hole in the Exhaust manifold right in the engine bay and plug the EGT sensor there----
    If you relocate the sensor on the delete pipe I'm not sure if you will get an accurate reading---as it's too far away----(unless Edge says that it's OK to install their sensor on the delete pipe )
    First thanks for the reply. Presently the Insight monitors two PIDs labeled as pre-DPF EGT and post-DPF EGT. It is my guess, since it is getting its electrical signal from the ODBII connection, it is the two EGT sensors in the DPF pipe. I have no other EGT sensors on the truck I am aware of since the truck is bone stock right now; but not for long now that I have my FSV2 and am prepping my 1st tune for load. Your thoughts anyone?
    Thanks

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789