Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 02 Switching points

Lifetime Member

Default 02 Switching points

The 02 switching points on the OSs are different - 02 vs 99 to 02 conversion vs 2000 (my original). I know the 00 and 02 have the same part number 02 sensors so how much difference does it make which you use and is there a recommendation? What effect will it have on LTFTs?
    2000 Camaro SS Convertible
    M6,
    LTs, AFR 205s, Comp xer 220/224, LS6 intake, Ported TB, AR TT IIs

Lifetime Member

The O2 switch points are basically the voltage the computer will switch around while in Closed Loop. So if you want a leaner or richer AFR then adjust your switch points accordingly. I have mine set to switch around ~15.2-15.5 while in a light load, which in my case is ~ 250mV. It is good for a couple more MPG.

Lifetime Member

Thanks, so question: lower voltage will result in leaner mixture via the LTFTs and higher voltage will do the opposite? What are the calibrations on the x axis - it just says CL mode 0, 8, 16, etc.?
    2000 Camaro SS Convertible
    M6,
    LTs, AFR 205s, Comp xer 220/224, LS6 intake, Ported TB, AR TT IIs

Lifetime Member

CL Mode is defined in the table beneath the O2 switch points, closed loop mode. You can correlate a CL Mode to an amount of airflow via that table.

Justin

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGMC
    The O2 switch points are basically the voltage the computer will switch around while in Closed Loop. So if you want a leaner or richer AFR then adjust your switch points accordingly. I have mine set to switch around ~15.2-15.5 while in a light load, which in my case is ~ 250mV. It is good for a couple more MPG.
    So does this affect injector pulse width ?
    Does changing values make PCM see the injectors as larger or smaller , although they are not , because of pulse width change ?
    This is not used to adjust the injector swing , injectors swing from 14.7 to 15.1 to maintain Stioch , by making the swing closer say from 14.7 to 14.8 instead of 14.7 to 15.1 ?
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by tunedbyGM
    Indirectly
    Does changing values make PCM see the injectors as larger or smaller , although they are not , because of pulse width change ?
    No relation to injectors
    This is not used to adjust the injector swing , injectors swing from 14.7 to 15.1 to maintain Stioch , by making the swing closer say from 14.7 to 14.8 instead of 14.7 to 15.1 ?
    Yes it does. It adjusts the point that the PCM switches from rich to lean, and thus the timing of the STFT adjustments.

Lifetime Member

Not a clue on injector pulse width, perhaps Justin can answer that one... From what I have observed and been told. The computer adds and substracts fuel around the O2 switch point, via Fuel Trims. For example if you have it setup for 450mV (~14.7), the computer will add and substract fuel to hover/flucuate around 450mv. So if you have them set lower or higher the PCM will do the same for a lower or higher AFR. Another example: I have mine set to 250mV which is ~ 15.2- 15.5 (established by alot of logging), My wideband reading is usually swinging back and forth between 15.0 and 15.5 in the lower load settings. I have gotten about 1-2 MPG out of it. I orginally had them set to 300mv which made the AFR 14.7-15.2. I might try 225mv next time I update my tune.

Quote Originally Posted by dc_justin
    Indirectly

No relation to injectors

Yes it does. It adjusts the point that the PCM switches from rich to lean, and thus the timing of the STFT adjustments.
    So why in 04 or 05 did GM go to straight 450mv as other OSs before that had varying O2 mv ?
    So the STFT are used to establish the LTFT table and are reset every so often how does this help then ?
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Lifetime Member

So why in 04 or 05 did GM go to straight 450mv as other OSs before that had varying O2 mv ?
    So the STFT are used to establish the LTFT table and are reset every so often how does this help then ?
    STFTs are constantly changing, they are what drive the O2 switching activity.

If I understand some earlier posts, the LTFT's are added to the PE fueling, if they are positive. Wouldn't lowering your switch points also lower the LTFT for that same range? Does this affect the calculation used for the PE mode, since the LTFT's would have negatives in the lower ranges? Thanks.
    1999 GMC Jimmy 4.3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast