Thread: selling the old efilive cable I used to upgrade to flashscan

Default selling the old efilive cable I used to upgrade to flashscan

I was under the impression you could not sell the old cable, am I correct?

If so can I offer it in a package with my edit cable? Like edit for 350 and free efilive? If not I will keep the old cable I don't want to violate the agreement with efilive.

What a great place to ask such a question.

I know I should just crush the edit cable but dam I did pay alot for it. Futhermore, there is a kid asking about my old cable and he don't have much money. However, I don't want to get in trouble with this company.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

The way the upgrade from EFILive on AutoTap to EFILive on FlashScan works is like this:

When you purchased EFILive on AutoTap, you actually bought two products:
    1. The AutoTap cable. (rrp $160)
    2. The EFILive Scan Tool license. (rrp $338)
    As a package they cost around $498

The upgrade to EFILive Personal Scan and Tune is calcualted by subtracting the Scan Tool License from the retail price:
    i.e. $699-$338 = $361 (reduced to $349 to make the upgrade price half of retail)

When you upgrade to EFILive on FlashScan, you only traded your EFILive Scan Tool license, not the AutoTap interface. You can do whatever you like with your AutoTap cable - it is not part of the upgrade deal.

What that means is, your old EFILive Scan Tool license is no longer valid. It cannot be used for any future upgrades, support calls or other offers from EFILive. The new EFILive FlashScan license replaces the old one.

We make one exception, you may continue to use the EFILive Scan Tool license on your AutoTap cable as a spare scan tool.

If you sell (or even give away) the AutoTap cable to someone else, then you MUST NOT SELL the EFILive Scan Tool license that you used to upgrade to EFILive FlashScan.

Some customers have asked if they could lend their existing AutoTap cable and (now void) EFILive Scan Tool license to a friend or family member. We realise that will happen and so long as the person to whom you lend the (now void) license, is aware that it is not a supported product and cannot be used for any further upgrades and/or support calls then we accept that.

What we don't want to discover is some poor customer who has unknowingly purchased an EFILive Scan Tool and AutoTap cable from someone who has fraudulently sold them an already upgraded EFILive Scan Tool license.

Regards
    Paul

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Having said all that I forgot about the offer that we are going to make soon.

Hang on to your Edit and HPT cables (and maybe other cable types, we have not decided yet), they may be worth something as a trade in when you purchase EFILive.

Don't worry if you have already purchased or are about to purchase, the offer will be made retrospectively for all EFILive FlashScan customers - noone will miss out.

Regards
    Paul

Lifetime Member

Now that is what i am talking about :-)
    EFILive - The Single version of the Truth

Larry - HumpinSS

:o Thats great. Now when its available I can finally convert one of my buddies.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky
    ...Hang on to your Edit and HPT cables (and maybe other cable types, we have not decided yet), they may be worth something as a trade in when you purchase EFILive.

Don't worry if you have already purchased or are about to purchase, the offer will be made retrospectively for all EFILive FlashScan customers - noone will miss out.
    Yet another reason why EFILive rules the world... 8)

Quote Originally Posted by joecar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacky
    ...Hang on to your Edit and HPT cables (and maybe other cable types, we have not decided yet), they may be worth something as a trade in when you purchase EFILive.

Yet another reason why EFILive rules the world... 8)
    When I can tune my 98 with EFILive Flashscan, then EFILive will rule the world. For now EFILive Flashscan only rules '99' or more percent of the world.

I am not speaking for EFILive, or for Paul (or for me for that matter), but it will be well worth the wait.

EFILive and Paul are very thorough and exacting, and will not provide you some half-baked taped-on feature that will just make you unhappy or be detrimental to you or your car.

Be patient and you shall see excellent 98 support.

EFILive and Paul work very hard and do a good job (and offer incomparable customer support for free...).

Paul knows that 98 support is urgent, so try not to make him feel too bad for one of GM's half-baked taped-on decisions.

I know it's a long time, but in our lives we often have to wait longer for the good things, and it is wise to not settle for anything less than good.

In the meantime, EFILive still rules the world...