Thread: Is there a way to shutoff the AIRBAG light on the dash..?

Lifetime Member

Default Is there a way to shutoff the AIRBAG light on the dash..?

My car throws a code and its the one that has to do w/the drivers side airbag. I have the airbag light on, on the dash... Can I shut off the light in the tuning tool??? I plan on taking out the pass. airbag as well... Car is a 2001 corvette Z06...

Thanks

Andy
    01 Z06, 4L60E CONVERSION, L92/L76 TOP END, 72# LS3 INJECTORS (THANKS FIC), DRY NITROUS, COS5

Not with the tuning tool you cant.

It is a AIRBAG module that is throwing the code. Therefore, EFILive software can not modify that controller.

You can always pull the leds from the dash cluster..
    "If you can leave a black mark on the pavement, from the exit of one corner to the braking point of the next one, you have enough horsepower."

Lifetime Member

^^^ Thanks... Ill leave it alone.... for now...
    01 Z06, 4L60E CONVERSION, L92/L76 TOP END, 72# LS3 INJECTORS (THANKS FIC), DRY NITROUS, COS5

You could try to reset the airbag module...

In scantool go Edit->Properties->Options and place a checkmark next to Active Module Detection;
    then connect to OBD-II port and do Info->Validate Modules.

In actively detecting all the modules on the serial bus, this may or may not cause each one to reset...

If the airbag module does reset, and it does not have a serious problem, the airbag light may shut off.

I emphasized the word "may".

I was able to reset the BCM like this on my Mrs' N-body (it was throwing codes and preventing engine start).

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by joecar
    You could try to reset the airbag module...

In scantool go Edit->Properties->Options and place a checkmark next to Active Module Detection;
    then connect to OBD-II port and do Info->Validate Modules.

In actively detecting all the modules on the serial bus, this may or may not cause each one to reset...

If the airbag module does reset, and it does not have a serious problem, the airbag light may shut off.

I emphasized the word "may".

I was able to reset the BCM like this on my Mrs' N-body (it was throwing codes and preventing engine start).

Thank you sir.

I will try this as soon as the new motor goes in, and I will get back to you with a report!!!

Lifetime Member

If you are removing the airbags you need to put resistors in place of the shorting coils. If you pull LEDS the IP cluster won't like it and will light up a new light.

You can get into the BCM with one of the more recent Genesys or Snap On scanners, and of course a Tech 2. One of the most common failures is a bad clockspring in the column. An asshole turned my wheel with the rack disconnected and completely wacked the clockspring. No airbag, horn, or radio controls. A scanner verified the spring failure, but the multiple symptoms didn't really need a scanner to diagnose.
    World's First Twin Screw Pontiac GTO
    2004 GTO. Blown H/C 408, stage 3 keyboard, billet tires
    2017 Chevy SS with dead hooker is spacious trunk
    2014 Chevy Cruze. MPG queen with my balls in spacious glove compartment.

www.aussiemotive.com

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistermike
    You can get into the BCM with one of the more recent Genesys or Snap On scanners, and of course a Tech 2. One of the most common failures is a bad clockspring in the column. An asshole turned my wheel with the rack disconnected and completely wacked the clockspring. No airbag, horn, or radio controls. A scanner verified the spring failure, but the multiple symptoms didn't really need a scanner to diagnose.
    Interesting..... maby its the clockspring??? It was at the shop when it happned.. Possibility???? youve got me thinking???????......