Thread: Reduced power mode Again!...........

Default Reduced power mode Again!...........

I didn't set any codes as far as P1514, but when I stepped on the gas today and the trans (A4) kicked down and it went into boost, the car went to Reduced Power Mode again!

I had the {C6101} table set to a flat 1800, but have since using the search and looking through some posts, have changed it back to stock + 150%. Which way is better? Could I try the DFE1 table that is posted? It seems to have helped quite a few of the cam/N20 people out, but wondered if it'd be to low for a blown car. I think that I made up a .map to log DYNAIR/SD (first time making maps from scratch and I Hope that it works) and am going to log tomorrow for a bit.

Could a setting in the trans cause the Reduced Power Mode to pop up. I ask because when I reloaded the tune, and went and drove it in second, and took it to redline, the car ran fine (except for the poor back tires, which were screaming for help ), so that's why I thought that it might have something to do with the kickdown. I went back and rechecked the tutorial for the COS install, but thought that I'd ask.

Thank You in advance for the help!

You know I have been having the same problem and can't seem to get any answers. I hope you can so we can get this figured out.

Lifetime Member

What codes were set? REP is usually related to throttle operation or expected airflow issues.
    2017 Camaro SS, 2014 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 6.7L, 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 4̶X̶4̶(now 2WD), 5870lb race weight, 10.93@ 124, Twin TVS1900s, Twin Throttle, 429 LSX, 4L80E, custom 14 bolt rear, V2, R̶o̶a̶d̶R̶u̶n̶n̶e̶r̶(dead), COS3......
    Gettin' the Groceries

Quote Originally Posted by DrX
    What codes were set? REP is usually related to throttle operation or expected airflow issues.
    Thanks Dr.X!

Today I logged a bit more and the first time that I went to full throttle, it didn't come up! I thought that we fixed it, but the next time I went WOT, the dreaded message popped up!

The codes that I got were:

P0103 MAF code (have to get this one in order to get into speed density)
    C1278 Traction Control Inhibited by PCM
    U1064 Lost Communication with BCM

I was getting P1514 code before, but raised the C6101 table by 150% and that code's gone.

I'm pretty much stumped!

There are some other posts on this. I had this problem as well. It has to do with SD and the calculated airflow. When it goes above around 2.5g/sec (Can't remember the exact number), the computer doesn't seem to know what to do and goes into reduced power mode. I think the old posts concerning this is in the forced induction area of either this site or corvetteforum. But basically, the fix is to reduce the VE numbers and trick the computer to provide the correct fuel by lowering the IFR numbers. If you have a log when this happens, you'll notice it happens right around ~2.5g/sec on the calc airflow every time. Hope this helps.

Derrick

P.S. Mine was doing it with VE numbers in the 150ish range to give you an idea. This seems to happen to a bunch of people, and I'm surprised there aren't more posts about this.
    1969 Camaro, LS3, 4L80E, Dana 60 rear, Air Ride, 19 and 20" wheels, Baer Brakes, and a lot more.
    2008 Charger SRT-8 Super Bee, Exhaust and Cold Air kit (Wife's car)
    2007 Yukon XL Denali, Family Hauler

http://s330.photobucket.com/albums/l...i/69%20Camaro/

Found the post. It's on this site in the Gen III section. I don't know how to link another post, but do a search for "p1514", and open the thread that I posted in April this year (something like "p1514 and no reason"). It explains this in there.

Derrick
    1969 Camaro, LS3, 4L80E, Dana 60 rear, Air Ride, 19 and 20" wheels, Baer Brakes, and a lot more.
    2008 Charger SRT-8 Super Bee, Exhaust and Cold Air kit (Wife's car)
    2007 Yukon XL Denali, Family Hauler

http://s330.photobucket.com/albums/l...i/69%20Camaro/

Thanks Taz! My car doesn't push anywhere near the air yours is, but I read that it's a popular code! I'll reread that thread!

With Alot of help from Jesse, Tom, and Mick, we got it figured out! Thank You Very Much Guys! Now I just have to log a bit more and then it's onto the next step of my tune (whatever that is)!

The air temp was 42 degrees last time I took my car out (Wednesday) and I'll just say that the LS1's LOVE them some Cool, Dense air! My car has Never run this good!

We ended up tweaking the C6101 table and also maxed out C2903 (to 65535) and now the Reduced Power Mode is gone! Also tweked the C3003 to be 105 KPa all the way through!

Thanks again Guys!