Thread: IAC issue or this is normal?

Default IAC issue or this is normal?

Hello.

Im running F1-C procharger and 90 mm tb so I changed 4349 to .0157 according to writeups here. Made the idle a lot better but now I am sometimes going into reduced power mode and once in while I get a tps error and still having idle issues when coming to a stop. Startup idle is much better though.

I ran a 4307 map to figure out what it wanted for air and added those numbers into the park neutral are. I am in open loop and not sure if those same numbers should be paste into the in gear area.

ETC F11 in iac bid 0-15% has a setting of 2

Because of the idle surging and stalling I started to monitor the iac and found at idle it states iac F10 0-127 giving me a 64. Throttle position is at 5.1 to 6.5 when cold and a steady 4.7 when warmed up at idle.

Idle cold gives 799 to 880 then when warm settles in to 827-880 rpm. iac bidirectional says it wants for 938 desired idle. My desired idle is set to 850.

I am not clear if I should be setting my idle at 938 and go from there and if 5% throttle position at idle along with 64 count is right also. I am thinking this may be my idle problem but do not want to change it till I undersatnd these numbers better and which way to go.

I included my tune and lg file if anyone cold elaborate.

Thank you in advance

Louis
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default This is the results

I went by the iac bidirectional and put my idle to 950.

I didnt change anything with my throttle position.

Mapping the table 4307 was a lot different after driving the car then it was sitting in my driveway all warmed up for the upper tempatures.. I found after 192 degrees the air actually wanted an increase even though a cold to warm running idle at 192 in the driveway gave me a different value. I went from 12.6 to 13.3. When it hit 200 degrees I had 11,8 in there and it went into reduced power mode. Just before the reduced power mode for about 5 minutes I noticed the idle went way down from 950 to approx 800 and surged till it showed throttle position sensor error and died.

Thats when I realized more air would bring the idle back up even though in the driveway it was different at the same temp. I just kept adjusting the desired air till I saw my 950 rpm idle again and drove off very happy. Havent seen the error since and idles nicely.

The 2 best changes I made to regain control of the idle was changing B4349 to accomodate my 90 mm throttle body to .0157 and mapping the B4307 table. I would suggest that mapping in the driveway at idle from cold to operating temp but also checking the upper temps again after you take it out for a blast. Check it at the light while your sitting there idling. Just make sure your idling for few minutes.

Have a happy