Thread: Need Suggestions Please.

Default Need Suggestions Please.

I have a 383 with a T-trim, no maf. I upped all the tables that had to do with the p1514 code, and don't trigger that anymore. I have also reduced ifr and ve by 30%. At about 6400 rpm the car still shuts down with no codes. I would like to know which pid in efilive to log so I can see dynamic airflow and also was wondering if someone could post a tune that I may look at and see if I am missing something. Maybe my ve is way off or something. It doesn't need to be the same combo, just something blown so I can see the ve. Thanks for any help.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by trymyz
    I have a 383 with a T-trim, no maf. I upped all the tables that had to do with the p1514 code, and don't trigger that anymore. I have also reduced ifr and ve by 30%. At about 6400 rpm the car still shuts down with no codes. I would like to know which pid in efilive to log so I can see dynamic airflow and also was wondering if someone could post a tune that I may look at and see if I am missing something. Maybe my ve is way off or something. It doesn't need to be the same combo, just something blown so I can see the ve. Thanks for any help.
    you REDUCED the IFR and VE from stock....?

I suppose if you reduced the VE and IFR by the same percentage, you effectively did nothing. reducing VE by 30% basically says give 30% less fuel. Reducing IFR by 30% while keeping the injectors will keep them open ~30% longer, and you'll end up with probaly about zero net effect. Either way, you definately DO NOT want to do that.

Read the Auto VE tutorial

No, not from stock. I reduced it after I did all the autove stuff. Well from what I read on the p1514 code and how to fix it, alot of forced induction guys reduce them by the same amount to fix dynamic airflow. Appearantly when the computer sees more than 2.32 g/cyl it freaks out. It has something to do with the electronic throttle body. Them problem is I don't think I am seeing that much airflow.

Log the pid DYNCLAIR.DMA. This will tell you what the pcm is seeing as your airflow in SD.