Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Main VE and Boost VE looks weird

Default Main VE and Boost VE looks weird

Could someone check this out and clue me in on why the VE's are coming out this way? The boost VE needed to be reshaped during the latest tuning session to keep it to 11.5 having come from 10.0. Put kindofa deep dip in it. The Main VE has these two peaks that look odd... just wondering if there was a cause or explanation..

TIA
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default are you trying to tune in open loop?

Hello.

I also have a c5 using a F1-C procharger 1250 hp.

I have found the best thing to do is read as much as you can here because these guys have addressed almost everything I have asked previously. Best way I have found is do a search for any table you have in question and you will find your answers. I am also still learning and constantly reading as much as I can here.

If you are trying to tune in open loop (autove) you might want to check out the tutorial and really look at your B3647, B3618, B3601 and the B4307 tables. Those helped me the most.

If you changed your throttle body there is a change you will have to make on table B4309. I run a 90 mm throttle body and I found the info by searching for that table what it should be. I use 0.0157.

Would be good to list your mods here also in order to provide the best replies.

I learned that the B4307 table you should map and make the change to B4349 if you did go to a 90 mm tb. Those 2 things were a tremendous help in tuning mine.

Louis

The problems you are having is due to the way you are filtering the data. Have a search on here for filters as it has been covered many times.

Quote Originally Posted by louis
    Hello.

I also have a c5 using a F1-C procharger 1250 hp.

I have found the best thing to do is read as much as you can here because these guys have addressed almost everything I have asked previously. Best way I have found is do a search for any table you have in question and you will find your answers. I am also still learning and constantly reading as much as I can here.

If you are trying to tune in open loop (autove) you might want to check out the tutorial and really look at your B3647, B3618, B3601 and the B4307 tables. Those helped me the most.

If you changed your throttle body there is a change you will have to make on table B4309. I run a 90 mm throttle body and I found the info by searching for that table what it should be. I use 0.0157.

Would be good to list your mods here also in order to provide the best replies.

I learned that the B4307 table you should map and make the change to B4349 if you did go to a 90 mm tb. Those 2 things were a tremendous help in tuning mine.

Louis
    Hi Louis,

First of all thanks for the reply, it's much appreciated. I've got a C5 with the PTK topmount turbo kit. Twin T66's on a 408 iron.

Unfortunately, I have followed the VE tutorials and usually revisit cause I too feel like I might of missed something in there. I usually follow it to the tee and make changes when I come across something here that sounds like it could help and doesn't take it out of OL. The latest, prior to reading your response, (which is when i went through the latest version) I've brought back to the values stated except for the commanded table. I'll try a few logs on that to see if it improves things.

I have the oval version of the TPIS TB which I'm not real sure is really a 90. In as far as setting B4347, I've used Marcin's spreadsheet and used .0157 for a while and came up with .0145 in an attempt to keep IAC steps under 60.

Arnel

Quote Originally Posted by 5.7ute
    The problems you are having is due to the way you are filtering the data. Have a search on here for filters as it has been covered many times.

I added to exclude TP < 2% to the temp and transition filter and removed the peaks. Are these the filters your referring to?

I'll run a few logs and see how things go...

Thanks,

Arnel

Yes, the throttle position filter looked like the main culprit. I found that once I got a good look at my logs I could see what driving conditions caused the transients & could base my filtering/driving around them.

It definitely doesn't cause the peaks but I do see afr's going to 25plus when getting off throttle and it's causing an abrupt decel. I have confirmed DFCO is disabled.

I'll search for a more appropriate way to deal with that for now..

Thanks!!

Arnel

Lifetime Member

B4347 is used for electronic throttle bodies where there is no IAC motor.

I get a decel peak when in OLSD as well. I can add all kinds of fuel and it still goes lean until I get back into the throttle. Even tried cutting fuel in case it was due to too much fuel. If I go to CLSD it doesn't even twitch toward the lean side. If anything, it goes slightly rich on decel.
    2017 Camaro SS, 2014 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 6.7L, 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 4̶X̶4̶(now 2WD), 5870lb race weight, 10.93@ 124, Twin TVS1900s, Twin Throttle, 429 LSX, 4L80E, custom 14 bolt rear, V2, R̶o̶a̶d̶R̶u̶n̶n̶e̶r̶(dead), COS3......
    Gettin' the Groceries

Lifetime Member

Considering what I observed with respect to CLSD, and now that my RTACS is working again, I just tried using the NB's via the STRIM VE FIXER technique. http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=6318 Looks like that might smooth out my Main VE table in the decel area.
    2017 Camaro SS, 2014 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 6.7L, 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 4̶X̶4̶(now 2WD), 5870lb race weight, 10.93@ 124, Twin TVS1900s, Twin Throttle, 429 LSX, 4L80E, custom 14 bolt rear, V2, R̶o̶a̶d̶R̶u̶n̶n̶e̶r̶(dead), COS3......
    Gettin' the Groceries

Quote Originally Posted by 5.7ute
    Yes, the throttle position filter looked like the main culprit. I found that once I got a good look at my logs I could see what driving conditions caused the transients & could base my filtering/driving around them.
    To some extent it's reduced the peaks but after a few logs they're starting to come back... just not as bad. The abrupt decel seemed to have been more the result putting B4307 to .0157. Once I put it back to .0145, that went away.

Your post regarding "idle after 30 going rich" is interesting since I'm seeing the exact same thing with regards to dynamic vs desired not being close no matter what I try. Even .013x, doesn't get me there. I've tried moving b4403 w/no success. What I have noticed recently is that IACDES steps have been stuck at 0 lately and putting b4403 back to stock brought it back around to 40ish. As far as going rich, ditto. After a nice cold start of 14.5 it'll go to 13 or 12.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast