Thread: New L92 427 w/625hp is cheaper than messing w/5.7liter GenIII

Thumbs up New L92 427 w/625hp is cheaper than messing w/5.7liter GenIII

I've been messing around and spending a small fortune on my 98 vette 5.7 liter. I finally gave up as the tranny was tired and so was my patience as I didnt want a Blower,turbo or nitrous. A blower alone almost cost more than my new motor that was built by SDPC out of Texas and all the intalls. I bought a 625 hp L92 427 w/worked over L76 heads a big cam and 24X reluctor ect and also a new tranny w/torque convrt and rear from rpm trans. The motor went right in as did the tranny and rear. on a 98 vette there is a two line fuel sysem with the fuel regulator on the the fuel rail. I called GM performance and found out that the current system from the fuel tank was more than enough for the 427and no longer needed the 98 fuel rail or return line. the new motor came with L76 manifold and fuel rail and injectors. The 98 pcm is simple and works well with all the new components. This is basically an LS3 that is stroked and cammed. Everything cost less than what I had into my 5.7 and old tranny,rear and converter . It will need some dyno time but the absolute raw power is great and EFI Live made the changes really pretty simple. This is an avenue I would recomend to any one

I take it the 625 is FW. Is that rate @ 625 by SDPC? Any cam specs?
    2015 Z06 A8

Default Cam

Chalky,

Its not a mast V1 cam. The cam is custom sdpc comp grind. However it is 595in,613 ehxt/ .050, 232-246 big dur @115 degrees. And very good springs cc,ed heads L92/L76 man Ls7 inj, 4.068 bore,4.10 stroke, 24X reluct. I am Ordering Roadrunner. I went to www.moates.net and read the articles. It seems like the cheapest and easyest way to avoid expensive dyno time and put the HP/TRQ to the street. What do you think? The guys at spdc are great. The whole motor was $8,299 plus freight n crate.
    Take care and let me Know about roadrunner if you have time.
    Thanx
    98 tigershark

Sounds like an awesome deal on the 427.

Once you get your hands on the RR, you'll wonder how you lived without it!