Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: GM 3.8L V6 (L32) support update?

WOW. Cant believe that no development is planned for any of the 3.8 GM motors. Huge market out there for these motors, they are everywhere and starting to see them on the local dirt tracks even. There is as much if not more of a market for tuning these engines than the duramax will ever have. We just have never had a capable or popular enough tuner to get there. Very, Very Disappointing. Tune support for my L67 and L32`s is what has kept me from pulling the trigger on a couple shiny new flashscan cables for years. Have a few of these motor laying around id like to do things with (Like a stand alone generator and inboard boat) but EFI live has no plans of putting any effort in to develop tuning software. As far as im concerned its EFI Live or nothing. Seems to me if Ross and/or Paul dont have the time to develop they should hire someone that is able and willing. Surely a easy money maker even if it don't meet the golden EFI live standards. This will surely leave me with a bad taste in my mouth.
    04 LLY Crew cab
    Complete LBZ intake
    EGR is gone
    PCV delete
    resonator delete
    EFI Live DSP5

Quote Originally Posted by larski156 View Post
    WOW. Cant believe that no development is planned for any of the 3.8 GM motors. Huge market out there for these motors, they are everywhere and starting to see them on the local dirt tracks even. There is as much if not more of a market for tuning these engines than the duramax will ever have. We just have never had a capable or popular enough tuner to get there. Very, Very Disappointing. Tune support for my L67 and L32`s is what has kept me from pulling the trigger on a couple shiny new flashscan cables for years. Have a few of these motor laying around id like to do things with (Like a stand alone generator and inboard boat) but EFI live has no plans of putting any effort in to develop tuning software. As far as im concerned its EFI Live or nothing. Seems to me if Ross and/or Paul dont have the time to develop they should hire someone that is able and willing. Surely a easy money maker even if it don't meet the golden EFI live standards. This will surely leave me with a bad taste in my mouth.
    So....... you dug up a two year old thread to piss and moan about the lack of support for a vehicle that has been CLEARLY not supported for as long as I have been around..... I don't understand your logic here sir! There are other tuning options avaliable for the 3800's, I use tunercat's for what work I do to 3800's, works nice. If you have been around the site for a while, you would know that needling/pissing and moaning about the staff of EFI Live really get's you nowhere, it just pisses people off!
    Also, in other threads much newer than this one, it states that they are looking into tuning again for the V6's, but no time frame was given/implied!
    Hope this helps...

Mike
    Current toys are as follows:
    1961 Chevrolet Corvair Monza, 145 H6/powerglide. 85 HP of raw fury.... slow and stock and staying that way!
    1969 GMC 2500, 4-53T Detroit diesel/Fuller 10 speed on late model 1500 HD frame
    1970 GMC 9500, 6-71 Detroit/Fuller 13 speed, not sure why I bought it, but it sure is noisy!!!
    1975 Ford F100 shortbed. Currently undergoing Crown Vic subframe swap and EFI 4.6!!!
    1975 Chevrolet Vega, 5.3/200-4R may finish someday, maybe...

Mike is correct, if you must tune those PCM's then TunerCat is a good (cheap) option and to be honest that is probably the main thing stopping us, pretty hard to join and compete in an existing market that has a very cheap tool to begin with.
    I can almost guarantee that if we supported those PCM's all people will want is to pay $1,000 max for an unlimited stream and if that is not an option then we will be told we are too expensive, probably even $125 per license is asking a bit much in comparison to TC. We've had the read and flash routines done for years (it's kind of just an LS1 PCM afterall), any release we do would be compared against TunerCat and HPT, and from what I have seen over the years people are very reluctant to change software packages so the idea of creating more customers can be thrown out the window. I understand it would be nice for EFILive folks to be able to use the one package for all PCM's, but from a business perspective (time management) I still don't see it being worthwhile.
    Things have changed around here in the last few years anyway, we tend not to say what we are working on until it is near ready for testing, so who knows what we might come out with this year
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234