Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GM 3.8L V6 (L32) support update?

Quote Originally Posted by slows10 View Post
    Im so sick of you telling people you havent found the time to look yet your to busy. When you really mean get lost. Your attitude is weak > you let these threads linger for years
    slows10......

WOW, did someone piss in your wheaties this morning or what?????
    They have been saying for years that they would 'possibly' looking into the 3800's, there was never a yes that I ever ran across in the time I have been here. I would love to see more V6 support also, but they have said time and time again, not gonna happen soon, if at all!!!! Get HPTuners or TunerCat, they support the V6's. After using either one, you will be glad that EFI Live does what it does, trust me. I have TunerCats and HPTuners, and they work, but EFI Live is much easier to use and the scanning abilitles are much better than the forementioned systems!!
    Go take a chill pill and calm down dude!!!

Mike
    Current toys are as follows:
    1961 Chevrolet Corvair Monza, 145 H6/powerglide. 85 HP of raw fury.... slow and stock and staying that way!
    1969 GMC 2500, 4-53T Detroit diesel/Fuller 10 speed on late model 1500 HD frame
    1970 GMC 9500, 6-71 Detroit/Fuller 13 speed, not sure why I bought it, but it sure is noisy!!!
    1975 Ford F100 shortbed. Currently undergoing Crown Vic subframe swap and EFI 4.6!!!
    1975 Chevrolet Vega, 5.3/200-4R may finish someday, maybe...

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    L31Sleeper, give the bumps a rest would you! Move on, we aren't doing these PCM's, go get HPTuners or Tunercat.
    Now the official word has come around....
    Now maybe everyone will give it a rest .............
    I will say I am disappointed, but understand 100% where you are coming from!!!
    Mike
    1961 Chevrolet Corvair Monza, 145 H6/powerglide. 85 HP of raw fury.... slow and stock and staying that way!
    1970 GMC 9500, 6-71 Detroit/Fuller 13 speed, not sure why I bought it, but it sure is noisy!!!
    1975 Ford F100 shortbed. Currently undergoing Crown Vic subframe swap and EFI 4.6!!!

Lifetime Member

L31Sleeper, give the bumps a rest would you! Move on, we aren't doing these PCM's, go get HPTuners or Tunercat.
    OK. I've put it behind me.
    I found about 10 more that I didn't bump, why not delete all the threads asking for support ?

Spare me the lesson guy no need to tell me your opinion of efilive compared to the rest.
    Really wasn't intended to give you my opinion, I really could give a shit what you use for a tuner..... maybe you are one of them 'hex editor' dudes.... don't know!!! Was just trying to state that you have other options, and that EFI Live works better than some of the cometition. Ever try and use the scanner on TunerCats.... oh that's right, it don't have one..... Ever used HP Tuners???? My point was that everyone needs to quit bustin EFI Live's staff's balls over the V6 stuff.... you knew what it covered when you bought it, you shouldn't of expected more. Yah, it would of been nice to have the support, but I agree with them, to spend a shitload of time for a very limited amount of people would be pointless........ time and effort can be spent adding support to more popular existing tables and the newest shit coming out!!!
    Let's all try to move on...... We got the official word, lets all go from there....

Later
    Mike

come on grow up would you? You dont get the point. Im not complaining about supporting a pcm. Again I ask you to not start some kind of a feature war between companies. It s the internet get over it. I dont care for the imo unprofesional attitude towards some questions about whether a pcm is going to be supported or not. It has happened in a few threads. So if you dont like it who cares move on. If you want to be a smartass with me feel free to pm me. If not move on. Also why would you insult other people and what they tune with? A hex editer dude huh? what.? I tune with efilive. Whoi cares what other people tune with. You sound like a tough internet talker. Go ass kiss somewhere else
    No ass kissing needed, no growing up needed.....Never insulted anyone, hell, I am not even an internet tough talker, I am actually a really nice guy (I think?). It just pisses me off when people diss/talk bad/piss and moan about a product (any product, not just EFI Live)when it doesn't do what it was never intended/advertised to do. EFI Live never was sold as a 3800 V6 (or 3.1/3.4 V6) tuning product, it states that on the supported vehicle page in the main site. If someone bought EFI Live thinking that those particular V6's would be supported because of a few rumors/maybe's in some threads here and there, they have no one to complain to except themselves. Yah, the attitude conveyed from the admin. at EFI Live was a little....... harsh.... I will say, but look at it from their standpoint and you would probably have a bad attitude about it too!!!
    Let's all again.... try and move on, no harsh feelings........

Mike
    PS... Hex editor dude reference... someone who tunes their vehicle with a hex editor 'cause they are smarter than the rest of us!!!!

Lifetime Member

I wish I was a halfway decent hex editor, have to let Jesse crack them P10s for me instead! Haha
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    I wish I was a halfway decent hex editor, have to let Jesse crack them P10s for me instead! Haha
    I wish I could read/do something with hex code also, I can pick out a few things here and there, but then end up with a checksum error and just give up and use a commercially avaliable program!!!

Mike

Everyone calmed down now...?!?!

EFILive has a supported vehicles page at www.efilive.com this should be consulted before setting one's heart.

EFILive originally was an LS1 tuning tool (i.e. Gen III 8 cylinder), and a GM scantool before that.

All the different calibrations/projects/etc require lots of time stretching to infinity... Ross and Paul would love to make everyone happy, but there just isn't enough time.
    Last edited by joecar; April 27th, 2011 at 03:29 PM.

The reason we never came out and said 100% no way would we do them is our mind set has been that we might just do them one day. Heck, we even developed read / write bootloaders for them, we came up with a method that allows a 'safe' cal only flash on them (not easy on that PCM), we've skimmed the surface on the mapping even. But in that 2 years (as seems to be some magical number people are throwing around) a lot of things have changed, example, we are the ONLY company out there to offer tuning support for the 2010+ E39 & E78 ECM's, that took a lot of time and effort to get to market and I know our customers sure appreciate being able to offer tuning for vehicles that nobody else can do. We are also on the verge of releasing Cummins support, any sane business person would put any of those at prime position above the 3800 PCM. So there does always seem to be something pushing them back. In all honesty, if we are doing a time warp back I'd rather support something like the early Northstar PCM over the 3800, but again, it's a customer demand thing (or lack of) that dictates that.
    I just can't see what EFILive could offer the 3800 tuners over what Tunercat, DHP or HPT has tried in the past apart from using a GUI that you are familiar with. We can't fix any inherent limitations that PCM might have.
    All sales Emails we get on the 3800 PCM is responded with we have no immediate plans to support them. It's not EFILive digging up 2 year old threads, I posted a year and a half ago:

"Sorry, we have not even looked at them yet. Too many other things to complete before we look back to the older cars."

Common sense might suggest that no 'official' posts in those threads for two years with everything else that is coming out might suggest it's died a natural death. My post does not suggest in any way shape or form we are actively working on the 3800 PCM and a release is pending. Would it have mattered anyway what I said, just read through the LML thread on here.
    So if you want the official word, here it is, we have no plans to ever support the 3800 PCM.
    Last edited by GMPX; April 27th, 2011 at 04:29 PM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

So if you want the official word, here it is, we have no plans to ever support the 3800 PCM.
    Well, 3800 support was the ONE thing holding me back from purchasing EFILive, guess I'll never be purchasing it then. I don't know why people think it's so hard to support these modules (I've helped create a bin editor specifically designed for the P04, and P05 pcm's, we just don't have a flashing program ready yet, and I've even created some custom code side hacks that overcome some of the limitations of the stock os code), they are not that different from the P01 (512kb ls1) line, and most of the os code is very similar, especially the transmission code.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast