Thread: New PCM

Default New PCM

The dealer resently made a big mistake and fried my PCM.

Anyway, they put a new PCM in. I recently got around to hooking EFI Live up to my truck again. I down loaded the new stock tune and compaired it to my old stock tune. They are COMPLETELY different. The OS and all the other systems are coded completely different. I then took one of my old tunes and modified it to the new codes. I then tried to download(flash) that tune to the ECM. A box pops up and says that my truck is not licensed and asks me if I want to buy one.

As far as I am aware they only changed the PCM. Why will it no longer accept my truck???!!!!!! I hope I do not have to buy a new license for my truck. Can someone please help?

yeah you'll have to buy another license for the truck unfortunately. If you still have another one (EFIlive gives you two) you can just use up your other one.

Lifetime Member

Yep, VIN licenses are actually tied to individual controller SNs.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Well that just plain SUCKS!

I feel your pain there, but, if it were not done that way then there would probably be 1,000,000 tuned Duramax's with the same VIN and we would go bust!

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.