Thread: RAFIG (am I doing this right?)

Default RAFIG (am I doing this right?)

So I think I finally... get it. So I set up my table like this:

So I logged from cold start up (car hadn't run all day, let it idle until needle was right below halfway, where it settles in when I drive the car and it warms up). I stopped and got the cell count. It didn't make much sense until I rolled the cursor over the cell and saw "Average". So I changed the values to averages, and BAM, now it looks familiar. So I copied with labels, went into B4307, and pasted and added (right?). I came up with this:

I've read from this thread: http://forum.efilive.com/showpost.ph...54&postcount=4

That what I am shooting for is logging and coming up with averages of ZERO? Is this correct? I am gonna do this quite a few more times and see what I can come up with. Any suggestions or flawed logic pointed out is appreciated. Thanks.

-J
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RAFIG.jpg 
Views:	430 
Size:	116.4 KB 
ID:	2326   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RAFIG results.jpg 
Views:	392 
Size:	144.4 KB 
ID:	2327  

O.K. The main problem that I see is what you are using for data. There is a calc rafig pid that you should be using for data, this is what you paste & add to your desired airflow table.

x2 on using the CALC.RAFIG pid. Your log only shows the short term idle trim values. You need both the short term and long term values.

It's never going to be perfect day to day. But, it looks like you've got it rather close. If you really want to dial it in, use your filters to show only data from each cell in the tuning software. In other words, exclude data where ECT is less than 79* OR ECT is greater than 81* when working on the 80* cell. Do that for each cell (8*, 20*, 32*, etc.) and that'll be about as close as you can dial it in.

The reasoning is, the PCM will interpolate the airflow values for temps inbetween. Focus on the center of the cells and let the PCM worry about the data inbetween. When you're done, you should end up with a curve that looks like a hockey stick.

Thanks guys. The one I should use is called "CALC.RAFIG" correct? Idle air correction, AC off, in gear (grams/sec). Just got a few inches of snow this morning, so the car isn't really going anywhere with them 315s in the back, so I should be able to futz around with this a good bit. Appreciate the help.

-J

Well I went ahead and did it again yesterday, was raining and I was bored so I figured I'd give it another go. Loaded up the "CALC.RAFIG" PID, let it idle for about 15 minutes try and hit all the cells I could. It leveled out at 92*C. Came up with ALL negatives for the averages, ranging from -2.3xx to -3.144 (can't remember exactly, I'm at work and the file is home). Now the desired airflow curve is like a hockey stick. I'm going off of SSpdemon's idle tuning guide so next I'm gonna work on the poor warm starts, then the spark transitions, and see where I can go. I'll post the log when I get home. Thanks.

-J