Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: MAF Calibration (No Spreadsheets!)

I emailed you the 12K file with repaired columns. Let me know if you need the 8k instead.

SSpdDmon, your help has been greatly appreciated. It seems many have sworn off MAFs which does not work for some of us. Cheers!

2000 C5 Coupe, 6M, Callies/Mahle stroked LS7 (441), Blackwing, Halltech, LS3 intake, 90mm Shaner TB, ported L92 heads, FAST 50# inj, not too much cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers , 3" catless mid pipes, Z TIs, track suspension, , 3:90 rear, EFI V2, LM-2, etc.
    PowrMax Performance

100 mm PowrMAF

LM-2 EFILIve package with TAQ -sLM2 V-2 serial cable> Package deals

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Melton
    I emailed you the 12K file with repaired columns. Let me know if you need the 8k instead.

SSpdDmon, your help has been greatly appreciated. It seems many have sworn off MAFs which does not work for some of us. Cheers!
    thank you

That's exactly how i have it set up thanks again I wanted to verfy that i have it correctly.

Does anyone leave it is OL with the maf. Or does every one go back to closed loop.

I'm running an open loop MAF tune in my Z right now because I'm sick of the NBO2 issues in closed loop. Only time I run into an issue is when the IATs/ECTs get hot enough to lean out the mixture. I just haven't had time to get into the custom OS stuff to fix that.

[quote=SSpdDmon]You can make it fairly easily. Open the scanner and the tuner. Create a new map in the scanner. In the tuner, right click in the upper left grey cell (so the entire MAF table turns blue and a menu pops up) and select "Copy with labels..." In the scanner, select MAF Hz for the rows and click on the Paste Labels button. For the column, select RPM, set the number of columns to 1, and then type ",8000" for the labels (yes - type the comma too). The data values you want to use depends on how you're tuning - BEN for your WBO2 if you're using one or LTFT/STFT's if you're using the stock NBO2's (not recommended for anything other than normal, closed-loop operation). Simple enough... [

Ok, I guess I do have a problem on closer examination-

I found with the MAF table Sinister offered above I could not copy with labels and paste and multiply because of "8000" col label so as suggested, I changed the column label to ",value,value" --That fixed it.
    Except-
    For some reason that limits the scale to 1500-9375 which is less than the 1500-12000 needed to match the MAF scaling with 125 increment steps.
    And-
    The MAF table (B5001) is---- HZ > col and Grams/sec> rows
    The BEN_correction MAP is--- MAF freq > col and RPM > rows

I am losing it
    Last edited by Bruce Melton; October 5th, 2006 at 05:12 AM.

2000 C5 Coupe, 6M, Callies/Mahle stroked LS7 (441), Blackwing, Halltech, LS3 intake, 90mm Shaner TB, ported L92 heads, FAST 50# inj, not too much cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers , 3" catless mid pipes, Z TIs, track suspension, , 3:90 rear, EFI V2, LM-2, etc.
    PowrMax Performance

100 mm PowrMAF

For the column tab, I have always logged Engine RPM, set the # of columns to 1, and used the label ",8000" to capture the data. You don't need to paste with labels on the column tab - just the row tab. If the MAP has reverted to 1500-9375, simply copy the table in the tune and paste the labels once again. Then, save it.

I've yet to try the ",value" label you mention. I'll have to sometime. For some reason, it only wants to remember the first 64 rows for the MAF Hz though. Maybe this is a glitch that can be fixed before the next release???

But don't you get these factor values that need to be copied and multiplied to the B5001??
    http://forum.efilive.com/attachment....3&d=1159619998
    Last edited by Bruce Melton; October 5th, 2006 at 06:03 AM.

PowrMax Performance

100 mm PowrMAF

Quote Originally Posted by Black02SS
    Here is the MAF % Error MAP that I used. This is for my LM1 using the Tech Edge BEN. Again, this works awsome on my car. Just copy and paste with a factor back to the B5001 Table. You guys need anything else, let me know.
    You're the shit

...The MAF table (B5001) is---- HZ > col and Grams/sec> rows
    The BEN_correction MAP is--- MAF freq > col and RPM > rows...
    Then, this MAP was built wrong. The MAF freq should be rows and RPM should be the col.

But don't you get these factor values that need to be copied and multiplied to the B5001??
    http://forum.efilive.com/attachment....3&d=1159619998
    Yup, I get those BENs (as long as supporting pids are logged). Then, they get filtered and take a pit stop in an Excel sheet so that only 33~66% of the correction value is applied.

Aaah-HA
    I missed the pit stop no wonder I am out of gas (lean)!

PowrMax Performance

100 mm PowrMAF

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast