Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: BB Logging beta version is now available

Just updated my firmware on my V2. Formatted by SD Card and logged some data. Everything seems to work great. No more image size errors on my WinXP machine either.

Thanks Paul!

2002 WS6, All-Lunati 383 Strok'r @11:1, Cartek Heads, Keith/Ross Racing Custom Cam, Victor Jr., 492whp 457wtq,
    Cartek Clutch, 9" Moser w/4.11's, 35 spline Detroit Locker, QA1's, NX, BMR, Tuned w/ EFILive V2 Black Box Logging
    Check Out My Latest Tune File: HERE

Blacky, I made sure extentions were shown, I now have go tthe file options.ini and the .ppm files to format but, I seem to still have "none loaded" under F1 still. I still get a "ecm connection has been lost", when trying to flash. ??? any ideas.

Justin

Neat! when I go to log it shows no pid's selected for some reason. any ideas?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky
    Make sure your Windows Explorer is not hiding known file extensions.

Select menu Tools->Folder Options
    Goto [View] tab page
    Uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types"
    Click [Ok]

Regards
    Paul
    After following the above I was able to drag the option folder to the config. and then was able to finish the format in V2. Went to log and as soon as I hit record I get an ERROR 0205 in F2. Looking through the list of error codes I cannot find this error. I tried this with CAN and VPW. Any ideas? Jim
    08 Z06

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by 02Z06
    After following the above I was able to drag the option folder to the config. and then was able to finish the format in V2. Went to log and as soon as I hit record I get an ERROR 0205 in F2. Looking through the list of error codes I cannot find this error. I tried this with CAN and VPW. Any ideas? Jim
    Just posted about getting the same error in the error description thread.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LBZ_GMC
    Blacky, I made sure extentions were shown, I now have go tthe file options.ini and the .ppm files to format but, I seem to still have "none loaded" under F1 still. I still get a "ecm connection has been lost", when trying to flash. ??? any ideas.

Justin
    Make sure you're dragging the *.pmm and Options.ini file onto the [Config] tab page and not the [Scan] or [Tune] tab page.

I'm still looking at some Duramax issues for Scanning and tuning...

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by carcrafter22
    Neat! when I go to log it shows no pid's selected for some reason. any ideas?

Thanks
    Whatever selection you make using the "F1 Select Vehicle" option, look for that entry in the Options.ini file (use Notepad to view the Options.inin file on Windows).
    To the right of the entry is the name(s) of the *.pmm file(s) that contain the PID information for the selection. The *.pmm file(s) MUST be present on the [Config] tab page, otherwise you will get the "No PIDs Selected" message.

Also the PSL column must specify a avalid *PSL_xxx section in the Options.ini file. The *PSL_xxx section lists the selected PIDs.

Please note: The configuration of the Vehicle and PID selection is a manual process during the beta test. It will eventually be a point and click, drag and drop windows based application. You will not have edit the Options.ini file or manually transfer the *.pmm files in the released product.
    You only get to see the "behind the scenes" files because this is an early beta release.

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by 02Z06
    Error $205 is incorrect, it should be $185 "File not Found". I will fix it.

You will get that error if FlashScan can't find the \EFILive\V7\Scan folder.
    That could happen if you formatted your SD Card using a PC and did not add in that folder.

Regards
    Paul

Lifetime Member

Well, I think my $0205 error came from the fact that I had SD card selected and didn't actually have a SD card in the V2. :oops:

I switched it over to internal memory and it worked great. I did have to select E38-manual though. I have an auto transmission but, E38-auto didn't work. Does manual/auto mean the type of transmission? :oops: once again.

Quote Originally Posted by XLR8NSS
    Well, I think my $0205 error came from the fact that I had SD card selected and didn't actually have a SD card in the V2. :oops:

I switched it over to internal memory and it worked great. I did have to select E38-manual though. I have an auto transmission but, E38-auto didn't work. Does manual/auto mean the type of transmission? :oops: once again.
    XLR8NSS I had the same problem switched over to internal memory and CAN + VPW seem to work OK. As for PID's with the E38 do you show KR and 02 #'s? In the options.ini folder it shows those PID's but they do not show when logging.
    08 Z06

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast