Connect V2
    Click config tab
    Select new splash screen
    Click install
    Anticipated error "Please select connected device"
    Click flashscan V2
    - Error 1: $0024 - click ok
    - Error 2: images for V2 and Autocal "x"

Must remember to select device prior to executing functions against it.

Edit: was able to duplicate by leaving my V2 connected, close EE, then re-open EE and not specifying the device that is hooked up. Perhaps EE could do a "scan" when it is launched to autodetect any V2 or Autocal's that might be hooked up.
    Last edited by TAQuickness; November 24th, 2007 at 03:12 AM.

It appears that with an SD card in, it "forgets" the vehicle selection list. After initial setup, I inserted and formatted an SD card, and when I try to select vehicle, I get none loaded. If I remove the SD card, I get the selection list.

Also, should there be AL5-A.pmm & AL6-A.pmm files?
    Last edited by Cougar281; November 24th, 2007 at 05:34 AM.

Lifetime Member

Well, sadly I seem to be having the most problems. Got the boot block installed OK and can flash the firmware OK but much of the time the V2 locks up and pulling power to reset it puts it back in dead poll mode. Sometimes I can format the Config section and copy the files over but formating the data section puts it back in dead poll mode.

What Have I done?

Ira

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky
    There is no option to toggle - but when it is added (very soon) it will allow you to toggle between "metric" (the default) and "custom" (which most people will have setup as Imperial) as specified in the Options.ini file.

There is no option to play back data yet, but it will be added.

The BB log files can be copied back to the PC and opened with the V7 software - they are just plain EFILive log files.

More PIDs will be added over the next few weeks. The ones that are there now are just the ones we were/are using to test with.

Regards
    Paul
    Tried to copy the EFI Log files from Explorer and get pop-up- "not implemented yet" , what am I doing wrong?
    08 Z06

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar281
    It appears that with an SD card in, it "forgets" the vehicle selection list. After initial setup, I inserted and formatted an SD card, and when I try to select vehicle, I get none loaded. If I remove the SD card, I get the selection list.
    Working on a fix for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar281
    Also, should there be AL5-A.pmm & AL6-A.pmm files?
    Yes, just didn't get time to add them in before the Nov 23 "deadline". I will add them asap.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ira
    Well, sadly I seem to be having the most problems. Got the boot block installed OK and can flash the firmware OK but much of the time the V2 locks up and pulling power to reset it puts it back in dead poll mode. Sometimes I can format the Config section and copy the files over but formating the data section puts it back in dead poll mode.

What Have I done?

Ira
    Possibly a faulty/intermittent flash chip in FlashScan. Do you have another/spare FlashScan unit you can test?

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by 02Z06
    Tried to copy the EFI Log files from Explorer and get pop-up- "not implemented yet" , what am I doing wrong?
    The EFILive_Explorer program does not have Copy/Paste implemented yet. You must drag and drop the files.

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by TAQuickness
    The Calvin looks like it was photochopped

One more:

Disconnect V2
    Open EE
    Connect V2
    Click config tab
    Select new splash screen
    Click install
    Anticipated error "Please select connected device"
    Click flashscan V2
    - Error 1: $0024 - click ok
    - Error 2: images for V2 and Autocal "x"

Must remember to select device prior to executing functions against it.

Edit: was able to duplicate by leaving my V2 connected, close EE, then re-open EE and not specifying the device that is hooked up. Perhaps EE could do a "scan" when it is launched to autodetect any V2 or Autocal's that might be hooked up.
    I don't see that functionality here. No matter what functionality/order I try, I cannot reproduce what you describe. Are you using the latest signed FlashScan USB drivers? Available with the latest V7.5 release here:
    http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=6646

EFILive_Explorer does not scan for devices, EFILive_Hapi does. Try showing the EFILive_Hapi window and turning on diagnostic tracing (including heartbeat which will show you all the "are you still there" type messages) and see exactly what it "thinks" it is doing.

Edit: I just managed to reproduce what you describe - interesting... Looks like EFIlive_Hapi is not starting up in that situation.

Regards
    Paul

Lifetime Member

I was able to get the new bootblock in without any problems, but cannot upgrade to the latest firmware. Every attempt to connect with EFILive_Explorer results in an "Error: $0024" and I'm perpetually in deadpoll mode.

Edit: EFILive_Hapi loads for about a half second then shuts down. Can see the icon appear and then disappear from the system tray.
    Last edited by dc_justin; November 24th, 2007 at 10:21 AM.

When I tried to clear codes in my ECM (LLY) I get a $0311. I also got it on the bench when trying to clear DTCs on a 0411 LS1 PCM.

Also, should the LLY Manual and Auto be using the LLY-M.pmm and LLY-A.pmm files instead of the LB7-M.pmm and LB7-A.pmm?
    Last edited by Cougar281; November 24th, 2007 at 10:26 AM.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast