Thread: Getting PIDS to V2?

Lifetime Member

Default Getting PIDS to V2?

Forgive my newbness with this question but, how do I get the PIDS I want to scan transfered over to the V2 unit? I see an option in the Scan tool to "Program selected PIDS into Flashscan" but, it is greyed out and not selectable.

I tried bbl with the V2 without selecting any PIDS and it shows a ton of PIDS on the screen but, doesn't log any info for them.

Help?

Thanks

PS - I never used the bbl feature on the V1 so I'm new to this.

The Help tutorial on it walks you thru everything.
    "If you can leave a black mark on the pavement, from the exit of one corner to the braking point of the next one, you have enough horsepower."

Lifetime Member

Is there a link somewhere for the help tutorial? I can't seem to find it with the search.

Quote Originally Posted by wait4me
    The Help tutorial on it walks you thru everything.
    Maybe i'm stoopid, but where's the tutorial on V2 BBL? The only doc I've seen is the readme.... I've followed all the steps in the readme and get the same thing as XLR8NSS

IS there any way for us to try to add PIDs? I'd like to be able to see GM.GEAR and GM.GEARSEL from a 06 TCM. Is it possible to add another vehicle? I'd like to have the LLY ECM and LBZ TCM, and be able to pull the above PIDS from the TCM.
    Last edited by Cougar281; November 24th, 2007 at 06:44 AM.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

The PID availability for BBL is not complete yet. However, if you look in the folder \Program Files\EFILive\V8\EFILive_Hapi\Pid Descriptions you will see a list of files that show which PIDs we have added for each controller so far.

Please read the ReadMe.txt file in that folder for a brief description of how to interpret the pid description files.

You add/remove/customize which PIDs you want by editing the \Program Files\EFILive\V8\EFILive_Hapi\Options.ini file.

Be careful when editing the Options.ini file, make sure you keep everything in the existing format.

In a later beta release there will be a graphic user interface that will allow you to select PIDs and customize the contents of that file without having to editi it manually. For the first beta test release you must edit the file yourself.

Note: The last section in the Options.ini file allows you to define "custom" names and units for each PID. Custom units are not selectable on FlashScan yet. Custom units will be available in the next beta update.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.