Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Error codes and descriptions

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    That error can happen if you are using old *.pmm files with the latest version of the software.

Look at the very end of the document: Start->All Programs->EFILive->V8->Documents->EFILive Error Messages.
    It explains what the error is and how to fix it.

Here's what it says:

$0483 *.pmm file has incorrect CRC

The *.pmm file that was copied to FlashScan or AutoCal when setting up Black Box Logging is corrupt or is not a true *.pmm file.

Re-install (or repair-install) the EFILive V8 software, then use the BBL [Program] option with the “Force update of PMM files” option checked.

Regards
    Paul
    Ok thank you. I had to have messed this up. I had used bbl just a few hours ago.

Thanks again Paul

I've just downloaded and installed v7.5.6.99 and v8.12.75
    Now I am trying to update my boot block and firmware from BB2.06.02 (oct 16 2008) and FW 2.06.12 (jun 09 2009)
    I open efi explorer, go to F12, select C:\Program Files\EFILive\V8\Firmware\FSProgV2_06_16.efw, click the boot block button, and then hit program. I get error $0023 file not found.
    I re-downloaded v8.1.2.75 and installed it again (but did not remove anything first) and it still isn't working.
    I have noticed in efi explorer on the file tree, or whatever you call it, on the left if you go to EFI Live>V8>firmware it has FSProgV2_06_16.efw as well as previous versions, but if you select EFI Live>V8>firmware>boot block it only has FSBootV2_06_02.efw

Don't know if that has anything to do with it, but it appears that the file is where it is supposed to be, but I am getting that $0023 error

Nevermind, I thought I was supposed to be updating the boot block and the firmware. I just went back and re-read and didn't find that I was supposed to be updating the boot block. Unless I didn't look in the right place.

A little note though, when I just updated the FW I got a pop up message that said something like V2 not responding, please make sure Boot Block version 2.05.xx or higher installed. There was a box that said rebooting.... but another box popped up behind it that said firmware upgrade successful. I wasn't able to close the rebooting box until I moved it and closed the FW upgrade successful box that was behind it.

Did you get it all sorted out...?

Yup I am all set. I re-read everything because I thought there was a new boot block, but apparently not. It was difficult trying to find where I thought I may have seen a new boot block as being part of these last updates because I was linked from thread to thread to get to it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12