Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: '06 E40 PCM locked

Default '06 E40 PCM locked

I swapped a LH6 5.3L into my 1998 Jeep Wrangler. I had it mail order tuned. The tuner used LS1 Edit. I just bought EFI Live to do some tuning myself but it is telling me the PCM is locked.
    The original tuner said he could unlock it for me but that might wipe out his original tune? Is that correct? I was hoping he could unlock it and that i would still be able to make modifications to his tune. Thanks in advance.

I know that he can re-write the cal but before he does he needs to check the unlock E40 ECM option before writing. He can do this with his last saved tune file leaving you with a copy of where he left off.

Regards,
    Scott Brown

If you have a recent version of EFILive, when you try to read the ECM select the option "Use Alt Key", it might be able to read it then.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Thanks guys. I have the latest version V7.4.2 so i will try the Use Alt Key option.

Uder the PCM security option, it says the ECM is secured with a custom key. Also, i don't see a " Use Alt Key" option. I tried entering the $ffff but that didn't work either. Any other options for unlocking it?

Another newb question. It is throwing two codes for the transmission. Where do i go to deselect them from being monitored? It is reading a code for a part that my new trans doesn't have. Thank you. Rick

It's not in the security section, it's a tick box on the read/write box that pops up.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

i am very new to this.
    so, on my tuning version i click on the "Read calibration data from PCM" ? is that correct? then i select my controller from the list. after i hit start an error box comes up saying the PCM is locked. there is box to enter "Key" and a small box to check "use high speed". so, am i in the wrong area. Thank you.

Lifetime Member

That is the right box you are describing. Under the box to enter the key there should be two check boxes like in the attatchment below.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	readbox.jpg 
Views:	394 
Size:	45.0 KB 
ID:	2437  

I have the E40 controller not the E38. The E40 option doesn't show me the "use alt key" options. Hmm, not sure why mine doesn't show that tick box.

i have V 7.4.2 (build 657)

Lifetime Member

Yeah, I know you have the E40 but, mine shows it with any of the controllers selected. I was just using that pic as an example of where the alt key box was at.

I have 7.5.1 build 26.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast