Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BB Logging update Nov 28, 2007

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Jim
    Keyboard is fine, while I've got the "Reply to Thread" window open (ie I'm in the middle of replying to a post) if EFI Explorer is running I can't type in the "Reply to Thread" window - I can click into it and get the flashing curser...just can't type anything. As soon as I close EFI Explorer all is fine again (I'm on IE6 if the browser has anything to do with it).

No biggie though

Cheers

Jim
    How weird , I've never heard of that happening. What happens if you manually terminate EFILive_Hapi and leave EFILive_Explorer running?

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky
    How weird , I've never heard of that happening. What happens if you manually terminate EFILive_Hapi and leave EFILive_Explorer running?

Regards
    Paul
    Paul,

Have just tried to re-create it..... I can't get it to do it now. I'll put it down to me for the moment
    Time for more

Regards

Jim

Tried BB logging with 2002 5.3 auto Silverado (laptop not connected) and everything worked fine. Now I know why I get to work so fast-- transmission output speed (TOS) is over 100,000 rpm. Readings were fairly similar whether 99+ manual or auto was selected.
    DigitalEFI- EFILive US Distributor
    sales@digitalefi.com
    678/344-1590

One thing I've observed.

I recently reloaded XP on my laptop to clean things up a bit. When I reloaded EFILive and downloaded all the new Beta stuff for BB logging I've noticed that the scan tool almost studders while logging. Also the log file will not replot itself when I load it. I have to play back the whole log file to be able to use the chart inspector. My logs are about 30-40minutes each so this can be a little annoying. I haven't found anything in the configuration menus that fixes the replotting of the log files. It's set to auto replot after 3K frames but doesn't do it. Oh and this is logging using the V2 in pass through mode.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lakingslayer
    One thing I've observed.

I recently reloaded XP on my laptop to clean things up a bit. When I reloaded EFILive and downloaded all the new Beta stuff for BB logging I've noticed that the scan tool almost studders while logging. Also the log file will not replot itself when I load it. I have to play back the whole log file to be able to use the chart inspector. My logs are about 30-40minutes each so this can be a little annoying. I haven't found anything in the configuration menus that fixes the replotting of the log files. It's set to auto replot after 3K frames but doesn't do it. Oh and this is logging using the V2 in pass through mode.
    Check the following settings:

Properties->Playback->Update display every "N" seconds.
    That determines how often the screen is redraw BOTH during playback and during logging. THe higher the value the more disjointed/jerky the playback becomes. The lower the vlaue the more powerful CPU you need.

Properties->Playback->Automatic
    That will automatically increase the value above if the PC is not keeping up with the logged data. You can observe whether this automatic setting is having any effect by opening the Profile window (Ctrl+Y) during logging and watching the Display value. If the Display value stays at 100% then the PC is keeping up, if the Display value drops below 100% then the automatic setting has temporarily increased the Update display every "N" seconds value to compensate.

Not sure why the charts won't replot automatically, but charts can be manually replotted using the "Replot all charts and maps" toolbar button in the playback toolbar at the bottom of the screen. Hotkey=Ctrl+R.

Check the you don't have Properties->Options->General->Disable confirmation dialogs checked. That may prevent the charts replotting.

P.S. To reset the Properties to installation defaults delete the registry key:
    \\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\EFILive\V7\Properties (and all its sub keys).

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Thanks Blacky. I'll try it next chance I get. Maybe when the rain goes away.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123