Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Comparison???

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22
    Hahaha, you guys tuned a rental? Ive been thinking about doing that, but you have streams so it doesnt cost you what it would me.
    It needed it, no PE mode, no timing, it was dreadful. The trans needed some major working too, but we left that alone.
    It's not something I would normally want to do, but when the pedal needs to be on the floor just to keep up with the traffic on the highway up a slight grade....it had to be done.
    I actually said to Jesse, I think the pedal position PID must be wrong on the E67 because it says you are at 85% going up this 'shight' hill.......to which he replied 'I am'.
    I didn't want to play with the cam phasing on it, but it was very interesting looking at the values that were being logged.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX
    It needed it, no PE mode, no timing, it was dreadful. The trans needed some major working too, but we left that alone.
    It's not something I would normally want to do, but when the pedal needs to be on the floor just to keep up with the traffic on the highway up a slight grade....it had to be done.
    I actually said to Jesse, I think the pedal position PID must be wrong on the E67 because it says you are at 85% going up this 'shight' hill.......to which he replied 'I am'.
    I didn't want to play with the cam phasing on it, but it was very interesting looking at the values that were being logged.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I bet it did, drove an 08 Pontiac Grand Prix in CA for Thanksgiving, has the 3.8L V6 which moves it pretty well. But, it felt like we were going a lot faster than in my truck, then i looked at the speedo and it was a lot slower. Pedal feel was crap, trans was decent but there was a lot of room for improvement. Ive put the stock tune back in my truck to test it, and within about 15min Im reflashing my real tune as I cant stand it.

The cam phasing values are weird, as in hard to interpret or changing a lot? No PE mode at all? Or just parameters set so high they'd never be reached? Did you leave it tuned, or put it back to stock? If you left it, the next people are going to like it...

Edit:
    Changed to proper car from Trans Am to Grand Prix.
    Last edited by ScarabEpic22; November 29th, 2007 at 07:51 AM. Reason: No 08 Trans Am, meant to say Grand Prix
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

I bet it did, drove an 08 Pontiac Trans Am in CA for Thanksgiving, has the 3.8L V6 which moves it pretty well.
    You are asking for a million Emails saying an 08 TransAm!

The cam phasing values are weird, as in hard to interpret or changing a lot? No PE mode at all? Or just parameters set so high they'd never be reached? Did you leave it tuned, or put it back to stock? If you left it, the next people are going to like it...
    PE was there, but it was on a 10 second timer with 97% Throttle to enable. I suspect they might have been relying on Cat Protection to finally kick in. GM have done this before on some GenIII trucks. But, before we dismis them as fools, I am sure they had their reasons.
    Did we return it to stock?, lets just say the guy who buys one after renting it will be pissed.
    I think one of those with some forced induction would be a nice ride.

Cheers,
    Ross

P.S - Sorry bc3tech, we have sort of drifted off topic.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

You beat me to it.

bc3tech - you can download the EFILive software here. And you can download tunes here.

Quote Originally Posted by wait4me
    We rented a buick on our way from vegas to california and had lots of fun playing.
    Wow ... and guys gave me cudos for taking the rental on the Quartermile in FL on my last vacation ...
    Garry Glendown * '17 Fifty 2SS MT * 99 Firehawk Convertible (for sale)

thanks for all the information guys.

Previously I had a 2004 Saturn Ion 2.2L ecotec (e16a) w/ a procharger on it. without any good method of tuning i got a 60% increase over stock in HP pushing only about 10psi and landed at 188whp. I could've hit 220's if i'd have had some tuning.

The procharger (c-1 unit) is now gone, but the Aura's definitely a candidate for the future in my mind. I want to wait until at least SOME of the warranty's up, though
    The '07 Aura XR
    [In] XM ExpressEZ
    [Next] intake res delete, Tint, Eibachs

The Procharged Ion - SMP Stage 2 QC
    20/5 tint, SPS stb, CF dash, reflective bumper insert, 62mm TB, RL plugs, masked corners, progress rsb, RL fsb, 2.5" cat-back, triple pod w/ Boost, FPG, LC-1 & XD-16, filled front & rear mounts, pclear shorty shift, Procharged, Eibach Pros, 8k HIDs - 188.28whp / 175.03wtq

Lifetime Member

Sorry, I get the Pontiac models confuddled all the time, meant to say Grand Prix. Was thinking about my friend's Grand Am and forgot the bigger was the Grand Prix.

PE was there, but it was on a 10 second timer with 97% Throttle to enable. I suspect they might have been relying on Cat Protection to finally kick in. GM have done this before on some GenIII trucks. But, before we dismis them as fools, I am sure they had their reasons.
    Did we return it to stock?, lets just say the guy who buys one after renting it will be pissed.
    I think one of those with some forced induction would be a nice ride.

Cheers,
    Ross

P.S - Sorry bc3tech, we have sort of drifted off topic.
    Yea, I can see how that would never let PE kick in.

Sorry for the off-topic replies bc3tech...

NO 08 TRANS AM!!! Ok, just to clarify that so people dont go crazy.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12