Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nitrous Control

Default Nitrous Control

I have searched and have no found any thread answering the questions I have.

Here is what I'm trying to do. I want to install a dry nitrous kit on my LS1, and control the fuel and timing via the PCM. I have 60 lb/hr injectors, and am currently sitting at ~48% duty cycle, so I have more than enough injector left. I also want to trigger the nitrous through the PCM.

Questions are.

1. Is there a nitrous trigger or user definable output in EFI live that can be wired up to the PCM. I'd like it to be faily sophosticated. I'd like it to work similar to a window switch on RPM, have a throttle window that it will activate, and possibly a few other criteria, maybe even AFR from my wideband.

2. I'd also like to wire in a feedback signal to the PCM. This one will be active when the nitrous solenoid has been triggered. This will tell the PCM that nitrous is spraying. When this signal has been received, I'd like the PCM to pull timing, adn add fuel. I'm not sure how this is done, if its done via a VE modification, or PE modification, or what. Also, I'd like it to pull timing. Again, not sure how it would be done, whether there will be another complete set of maps, or it pulls a set number of degrees, or how exactly it works.

3. I have a 2004 GTO ECU, so its a 1MB flash, and cannot use COS5, since its not available at the time. Looks like only COS3 is available to me. Does COS3 have the capabilities to do what I"m wanting to do?

Thanks in advance for any help getting this all setup.

get a 02 f-body pcm and use cos5

Everything about the GTO harness is different than An F-body harness. Its in an RX-7, so its definately not plug and play.

Hmm

The motor is an LS1 correct, and not an LS2?

If it is an LS1, did you change the reluctor wheel to work with the E40 PCM?

If you havent changed the reluctor, i am pretty certain it will not work. I would change the harness and everything needed to make the 99-02 PCM work, this will provide you with COS5 and everything you need to control your nitrous.
    WWW.EFIAlchemy.com

I have a motor and transmission from a 2004 GTO. Its an LS1 engine, with an LS1 PCM, just as it was in the GTO. No need to change anything. In 2005 the GTO came with the LS2, and the newer PCM.

I have the car running, and its in a 93 RX-7, so swapping harnesses isn't a trivial task. I had to do many harness modifications to get it to work in the RX-7.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Doe
    I have a motor and transmission from a 2004 GTO. Its an LS1 engine, with an LS1 PCM, just as it was in the GTO. No need to change anything. In 2005 the GTO came with the LS2, and the newer PCM.

I have the car running, and its in a 93 RX-7, so swapping harnesses isn't a trivial task. I had to do many harness modifications to get it to work in the RX-7.
    Ahh ya, forgot about that one,

Weve done quite a few 97/98 to 02 swaps and its really not that hard. Im not familiar with the E40 controlled LS1, does it have the same reluctor wheel as the earlier LS1's? If so, i would think a re-pin for the 02 PCM woudnt be to bad at all.
    WWW.EFIAlchemy.com

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Doe
    I have searched and have no found any thread answering the questions I have.

Here is what I'm trying to do. I want to install a dry nitrous kit on my LS1, and control the fuel and timing via the PCM. I have 60 lb/hr injectors, and am currently sitting at ~48% duty cycle, so I have more than enough injector left. I also want to trigger the nitrous through the PCM.

Questions are.

1. Is there a nitrous trigger or user definable output in EFI live that can be wired up to the PCM. I'd like it to be faily sophosticated. I'd like it to work similar to a window switch on RPM, have a throttle window that it will activate, and possibly a few other criteria, maybe even AFR from my wideband.

2. I'd also like to wire in a feedback signal to the PCM. This one will be active when the nitrous solenoid has been triggered. This will tell the PCM that nitrous is spraying. When this signal has been received, I'd like the PCM to pull timing, adn add fuel. I'm not sure how this is done, if its done via a VE modification, or PE modification, or what. Also, I'd like it to pull timing. Again, not sure how it would be done, whether there will be another complete set of maps, or it pulls a set number of degrees, or how exactly it works.

3. I have a 2004 GTO ECU, so its a 1MB flash, and cannot use COS5, since its not available at the time. Looks like only COS3 is available to me. Does COS3 have the capabilities to do what I"m wanting to do?

Thanks in advance for any help getting this all setup.

my car is a 03 ute-

efi live will do the n20

their is 1 wire that is not used from factory-my tunner hooked that to activate the n20 mode and it works at full throttle-

if u need more info pm me and i will get step by step instructions from my tunner on how we done mine-

i can remmember him saying their is a pin from factory which does not ge use and we tap into that-

i hope i can help--

Let me know-

Quote Originally Posted by 427
    my car is a 03 ute-

efi live will do the n20

their is 1 wire that is not used from factory-my tunner hooked that to activate the n20 mode and it works at full throttle-

if u need more info pm me and i will get step by step instructions from my tunner on how we done mine-

i can remmember him saying their is a pin from factory which does not ge use and we tap into that-

i hope i can help--

Let me know-

He has a 1 meg PCM, he cannot use COS5..
    WWW.EFIAlchemy.com

Question

Quote Originally Posted by eurospec1
    He has a 1 meg PCM, he cannot use COS5..

I dont understand-what does that mean- please explain-

The Custom Operating System (COS#5) is not (as yet) available for his model of PCM.
    Howard

YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T
    MOVE AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE
    DUCT TAPE.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.

98 K1500 'HOLDEN' Suburban.
    Custom Whipple SC, Mercruiser Marine intake, 0411 PCM, 4L80E w/shift kit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast