Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BB Logging update Dec 01, 2007

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tunedbyGM
    Can you please explain .
    Because when I do it , the Programmer Software states it has to be in "dead-poll" mode to do the update .
    You do realize there are two (2) different firmware updates ?
    1. Is for the FS (this one not working)
    2. Is for the BBL (this one did work)

Thanks Gil
    The first firmware update must be done with the existing firmware programmer. The same way all firmware updates have been done in the past.

Then you use a new option on FlashScan's menu to upgrade the bootblock.

Then you use EFILive_Explorer to upgrade to the BBL firmware. Note this option does not require you to use the Ctrl key to get into dead poll. It should already be in deadpoll after the bootblock upgrade.

Interesting that you say the first one does not work but the second one does? That indicates that you have already upgraded the bootblock. You do not need to do it again. You should now just use the EFILive_Explorer program to update each new BBL firmware update. You also do not need to use deadpoll mode anymore, the EFILive_Explorer program is able to request deadpoll mode through the USB connection (thats one of the new features of the BBL bootblock).

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

The message says:

Flashscan V2 not in dead poll mode.
    The orange lights are blinking and it still will not let you upgrade the firmware with the firmware programmer. EFILive Explorer BBL firmware upgrade worked fine.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by badsi
    The message says:

Flashscan V2 not in dead poll mode.
    The orange lights are blinking and it still will not let you upgrade the firmware with the firmware programmer. EFILive Explorer BBL firmware upgrade worked fine.
    Once you have updated the bootblock you can no longer use the FlashScan Firmware programmer that ships with EFILive V7.

You MUST only use the firmware programmer in EFILive_Explorer from now on.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

I upgraded to the latest releases --
    V751_027_69 and V811_010_10 and bb logging works fine on 02 Silverado, pass-through logging works fine, but the tuning software won't connect. I'm getting the same error about the wrong firmware version that's posted in another thread. I saw in the other thread that a possible inverted number had been fixed, but I haven't seen the fix. Also, when I try to reflash, the software displays V2 AutoCal for the type of cable. When I link up with EFI Explorer, it correctly identifies the cable as a V2 FlashScan.
    DigitalEFI- EFILive US Distributor
    sales@digitalefi.com
    678/344-1590

What about the error when trying to flash the ecm?

Lifetime Member

I didn't have issue with the previous update, now this one gives me the following:

1) Connect to vehicle only - Doesn't work (Doesn't go past splash 9 out of 10 times)
    2) Version check issue when I tried to program - says it's vers 10.x.x. Can't flash
    3) BB when gives me a $0185 error
    4) log files in explorer don't copy on drag drop. The unit did something as if it did copy but no files.

I did the flash update this time through the laptop on battery mode.

Pass through logging did seem to work okay.

Lifetime Member

Okay, I managed to get the unit to power up past the splash screen every time now.

A couple of things I noticed:

1) The unit update defaults to SD card instead of internal even if no SD is present.
    2) My internal memory was full with logs and it still created new logs with 0 length files instead of tell me it's full and I can't log.
    3) When you do the flash update. You must clear your config files and I "believe" your log files as well as set to internal memory (if no SD is present) before it'll work every time. Or visa versa, clear everything before you flash the firmware. Can't remember which cause it to work now everytime.

Issues still:
    1) The tuning software identifies the firmware backwards as 10.5.2 and causes an error so you can't flash.
    2) BB logging appears to log but doesn't display anything just frame count. It doesn't appear to create or save anything in internal memory.

Screen shot of error message is attached. Or should I say, "Attached is message error of shot screen"?
    I tried loging an LB7 with the previous version and had the same experience as John, but had no problem logging LS controller in my truck. Haven't tried the C5 yet. I'm also a bit confused because whether the number is 2.5.10, or 10.5.2, it would appear to be a later revision than 2.4.anything.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	V8error.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	197.7 KB 
ID:	2449  
    Last edited by dfe1; December 2nd, 2007 at 05:05 PM.
    DigitalEFI- EFILive US Distributor
    sales@digitalefi.com
    678/344-1590

Just want to say, "Keep up the good work, guys". Each beta release looks better, and works better.

I know it must be exhausting, but we appreciate the hard work!
    2005 Silverado Duramax LLY - EFI Live Tuned
    1969 Chevrolet C-10 Pickup - Turbocharged 5.3L/4L80E - EFI Live Tuned
    1975 Avenger Jet Boat - 6.0L/Berkley pump - EFI Live tune in progress

Quote Originally Posted by dfe1
    Screen shot of error message is attached. Or should I say, "Attached is message error of shot screen"?
    I tried loging an LB7 with the previous version and had the same experience as John, but had no problem logging LS controller in my truck. Haven't tried the C5 yet. I'm also a bit confused because whether the number is 2.5.10, or 10.5.2, it would appear to be a later revision than 2.4.anything.
    I get this same error on my LBZ. A quick fix would be nice, my truck needs to go to dealer for warranty work and I would like to put it back to stock.
    2019 Sierra 6.2l
    2017 2500HD L5P
    2010 2500HD LMM (sold)
    2005 Harley Ultra Classic

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast