Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: BB Logging update Dec 01, 2007

I see, said the blind man. Makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky
    I agree, its not a security issue, its a compatability/functionality issue.
    And I agree it would be convenient to allow customers to downgrade.

If we allowed downgrades then we'd have a much tougher job trying to make sure that the correct PC software and the correct FlashScan software was installed on both systems.

It is difficult and adds complexity to version/compatability checking if we have to check both ways (forward and backward). That complexity reduces our ability to add/remove features when needed and would add to software and firmware "bloat".

I have been considering a version system where up/downgrades can be done as required for version numbers that only differ by release.
    i.e. All firmware with 2.5.xx could be up/downgraded at any time. But 2.6.xx could not be downgraded to 2.5.xx

Regards
    Paul

I think the real problem is that we've been spoiled by EFILive Beta software that has only had minimal issues or none at all. There was a very specific warning about the fact that this was a beta release and there was no turning back. I upgraded, and now I can't reflash anything, but that's the way it goes. I really don't see any need to second guess what could have been or what should have been. Paul will get this situation corrected in short order. And he'll certainly be able to do it more quickly if he doesn't have to respond to a bunch of questions and suppositions.
    DigitalEFI- EFILive US Distributor
    sales@digitalefi.com
    678/344-1590

I am also stuck in can not flash
    Has thier been any updates or work arounds ?
    -Doug

December 6th updates eliminate the "don't flash, don't tell" issue. Reflash worked fine on 1999+ LS1 PCM and other reports indicate no problems with other controllers.
    sales@digitalefi.com
    678/344-1590

I read the ECM of a 2008 Malibu (E67) with no problem using the latest FlashScan software and the V2 as a pass-through cable. No problems. However, I noticed that when I connected, the screen displayed AutoCal V2. Scanning also worked with no problems (again, using V2 in pass-through mode). I can't try BB logging because it's not an option available in the V2 unit, although E67 does show up under the Config tab when EFILive Explorer is running.
    Last edited by dfe1; December 12th, 2007 at 05:47 PM.
    sales@digitalefi.com
    678/344-1590

Lifetime Member

I've noticed that after a full flash on my bench harness, I have to remove power entirely from the OBD2 port (rather than just cycle the ignition) in order to get back in and change a VIN number (or perform any function for that matter). Little quirky, but I've gotten used to it now.

Quote Originally Posted by dfe1
    I read the ECM of a 2008 Malibu (E67) with no problem using the latest FlashScan software and the V2 as a pass-through cable. No problems. However, I noticed that when I connected, the screen displayed AutoCal V2. Scanning also worked with no problems (again, using V2 in pass-through mode). I can't try BB logging because it's not an option available in the V2 unit, although E67 does show up under the Config tab when EFILive Explorer is running.
    I've noticed the same thing. I've read 3 controllers tonight via passthrough, an '07 E38, an '07 T43 trans controller, and an '02 Gen 3 LS1. While reading both where it states what cable is in use at the top of the status box, it displays Autocal V2 instead of Flashscan V2 for the cable type.

I have also tried BBL for the first time tonight on the '02 LS1 and had to work around the splash screen hang up with control + cancel to reboot and worked fine beyond that.

Jay

I got stuck when I got to configure flash for black box logging. I pulled the SD card out, and the Explorer kicked me off line.... Now it won't allow me back on line, and the flashscan module is stuck on the EFILive V2 Splash screen. Anyone else run into this?

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

The problem is caused by FlashScan not initializing the splash screen timeout value. It will be a random value of anywhere up to 1 minute. If you left it long enough it would eventually get past the splash screen.

The previous post is the answer. Use Ctrl+Cancel to reboot FlashScan and bypass the timer.

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Jason S.
    I got stuck when I got to configure flash for black box logging. I pulled the SD card out, and the Explorer kicked me off line.... Now it won't allow me back on line, and the flashscan module is stuck on the EFILive V2 Splash screen. Anyone else run into this?
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky
    The problem is caused by FlashScan not initializing the splash screen timeout value. It will be a random value of anywhere up to 1 minute. If you left it long enough it would eventually get past the splash screen.

The previous post is the answer. Use Ctrl+Cancel to reboot FlashScan and bypass the timer.

Regards
    Paul
    Thanks! Not sure how I missed that.... But that did the trick!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456