Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can't do FS firmware update

Default Can't do FS firmware update

FS = Flash Scan , BBL = black box logging
    O-k everything sounds good on paper , what about answers for the question of , "Why we are not able to update the FS firmware (not FS BBL firmware) ." ?
    I figured out for myself that you can press the "crtl>cancel" for reboot and by passes the locked screen.

Tried updating FS firmware through EFILive Explorer and get error $0023 (I know you are not to use the EFILive Explorer to update the FS firmware just FS BBL firmware just thought I would try it ) .
    The "read me" states to put the FS into "dead-poll mode" to do FS firmware update . Then do the FS BBL firmware (different firmware) through the EFILive Explorer program .
    Like myself and someone else stated the FS firmware software will not see the V2 FS or the V2 FS will not go into "dead-poll mode" (ctrl button held and inserting USB into port , ctrl button seems to have lost response to being pressed and when you do get the LEDs to start flashing for "dead-poll mode" the software will still not see the FS unit) and will not allow it to be updated (not the BBL firmware through EFILive Explorer) .
    The firmware in question is FSProg_V2_4_69.ffw .
    The "crtl" button has worked up until last update .
    FS firmware no can do , FS BBL firmware can do .
    (simplified version) FS hold "crtl" plug USB no work , FS hold "crtl" plug USB , yeah , get flashing orange LEDs , FS software no program , FS programmer no can recognize FS unit .
    Not trying to be rude just covering all bases .
    Last edited by Chevy366; December 2nd, 2007 at 06:24 AM.
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

I am also having the same problem. Also can't flash ecm.

http://www.forum.efilive.com/showpos...5&postcount=21

If memory serves, one of the readme's the beta testers were presented said that once the last FS firmware was applied, specifically to upgrade the boot block, all future firmware upgrades would be done with EE.

EFILive Black Box Logging Beta Release

December 01, 2007

WARNING
    This software update is a beta release and may be unstable. It may fail or cause unexpected results. DO NOT install or use this beta software on a production system or on any system where failure cannot be tolerated.

ATTENTION
    Once the Black Box Logging (BBL) update has been installed you cannot revert back to a previous version. During the update process you will be required to install a new boot-block into your FlashScan device. It is not possible to uninstall the new boot-block once it has been installed.

Before installing the software on your PC or laptop

Please make sure you have the latest V7.5 release software installed on your PC or laptop. You can download the V7.5 release here:
    http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=6646 (free registration required)

We highly recommend updating to the latest calibration definition files available here:
    http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=6641 (free registration required)

Installing the software on your PC or laptop

If you are reading this file, then you have obviously unzipped the downloaded file(s). However, please take a moment to double check that you have unzipped the files into the correct locations.

EFILive_V751_027_69.zip should be unzipped into the folder:
    \Program Files\EFILive\V7\ (overwrite existing files).

EFILive_V811_010_10.zip should be unzipped into the folder:
    \Program Files\EFILive\V8\ (overwrite existing files).

If the V8 folder does not exist you must create it before you can unzip the file into it. Unzipping this file will cause a sub-folder called EFILive_Hapi to be created. (In case you're wondering, the term "Hapi" is an acronym for Hardware Application Programming Interface).

Upgrade the FlashScan firmware to V2.4.69

1. Connect FlashScan to your PC while holding down the Ctrl button on FlashScan's keypad. That will put FlashScan into dead-poll mode ready for reprogramming. (To exit dead-poll mode without reprogramming, disconnect and reconnect FlashScan without holding down the Ctrl button.)
    2. Run the FlashScan Firmware Programmer from Windows:
    Start menu->All Programs->EFILive V7->Update FlashScan V2 Firmware.
    3. Load the FlashScan Firmware File:
    \Program Files\EFILive\V7\FSProg_V2_4_69.ffw
    4. Click the [Program] button and wait for FlashScan to restart.

Above in red is what will not work , with this Beta release !
    Below was first Beta "Read Me" .

EFILive Black Box Logging Beta Release

November 23, 2007

WARNING
    This software update is a beta release and may be unstable. It may fail or cause unexpected results. DO NOT install or use this beta software on a production system or on any system where failure cannot be tolerated.

ATTENTION
    Once the Black Box Logging (BBL) update has been installed you cannot revert back to a previous version. During the update process you will be required to install a new boot-block into your FlashScan device. It is not possible to uninstall the new boot-block once it has been installed.

Before installing the software on your PC or laptop

Please make sure you have the latest V7.5 release software installed on your PC or laptop. You can download the V7.5 release here:
    http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=6646 (free registration required)

We highly recommend updating to the latest calibration definition files available here:
    http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=6641 (free registration required)

Installing the software on your PC or laptop

If you are reading this file, then you have obviously unzipped the downloaded file(s). However, please take a moment to double check that you have unzipped the files into the correct locations.

EFILive_V751_025_68.zip should be unzipped into the folder:
    \Program Files\EFILive\V7\ (overwrite existing files).

EFILive_V811_008_08.zip should be unzipped into the folder:
    \Program Files\EFILive\V8\ (overwrite existing files).

If the V8 folder does not exist you must create it before you can unzip the file into it. Unzipping this file will cause a sub-folder called EFILive_Hapi to be created. (In case you're wondering, the term "Hapi" is an acronym for Hardware Application Programming Interface).

Upgrade the FlashScan firmware to V2.4.68

1.Connect FlashScan to your PC while holding down the Ctrl button on FlashScan's keypad. That will put FlashScan into dead-poll mode ready for reprogramming. (To exit dead-poll mode without reprogramming, disconnect and reconnect FlashScan without holding down the Ctrl button.)
    2.Run the FlashScan Firmware Programmer from Windows:
    Start menu->All Programs->EFILive V7->Update FlashScan V2 Firmware.
    3.Load the FlashScan Firmware File:
    \Program Files\EFILive\V8\EFILive_Hapi\FSProg_V2_4_68.ffw
    4.Click the [Program] button and wait for FlashScan to restart.

So do you need the V2.4.69 firmware or is it not needed with the current BBL firmware ?
    http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=6752&page=2 , POST #18
    Last edited by Chevy366; December 2nd, 2007 at 11:04 AM.
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

The message says:

Flashscan V2 not in dead poll mode.
    The orange lights are blinking and it still will not let you upgrade the firmware with the firmware programmer. EFILive Explorer BBL firmware upgrade worked fine. I also can't flash my ecm without the flashscan firmware. It says I need at least 2.4.57 or later, and that I have 10.5.2.

OK, just to clarify:

- you did the original 2.4.something flash update with the regular (old) Flash program
    - you did chose to upgrade the bootblock ON THE V2 UNIT (see the readme file for the key sequences)
    - you used the EFILive Explorer to update the Firmware

Is this where you are right now?
    Garry Glendown * '17 Fifty 2SS MT * 99 Firehawk Convertible (for sale)

A "read me" is kind of like a set of instructions , so a moron I am but I can read , if you don't want people asking why , then don't include it .
    We (general public) are not in the little click that runs on here , so we (general public) can't read your minds and are not privy to the same info as the secret site for stream owners .
    Why include a different firmware version for the FS unit if it is not needed , and say nothing in the "read me" to that effect ?
    I am not to thrilled at the EE reading the contents of my drives , reading EFILive data and making a tree is o-k but not the whole contents of the drive .

Gil
    2006 Trailblazer

Quote Originally Posted by Garry
    OK, just to clarify:

- you did the original 2.4.something flash update with the regular (old) Flash program Yeah that's it .
    - you did chose to upgrade the bootblock ON THE V2 UNIT (see the readme file for the key sequences) Yeah that one to .
    - you used the EFILive Explorer to update the Firmware Yeah that was it .

Is this where you are right now? Yep , sure enough .
    Already did the first FS and FS BBL firmware and boot block flash .
    Let me do this as simple as possible , do you need the Flash Scan FSProg_V2_4_69.ffw .
    Yes or no ?
    2006 Trailblazer

No.
    Garry Glendown * '17 Fifty 2SS MT * 99 Firehawk Convertible (for sale)

Quote Originally Posted by Garry
    No.
    Thanks !

Initial features/options that need beta testing feedback:

1. When FlashScan is connected to the vehicle, does it cause any detectable, abnormal behavior of other modules? I.e. do any alerts display on the DIC? Do any alarms/chimes sound? None encountered
    2. When connecting FlashScan to a vehicle (ignition on) does FlashScan detect the right protocol; CAN or VPW that is display in the lower right corner of FlashScan's screen? Yes
    3. When connecting FlashScan to a vehicle (ignition off) can FlashScan successfully retrieve VIN and OS info once the ignition has been turned on (without re-plugging FlashScan)? Yes
    4. The BB Logging frame-count display is followed by a zero in parenthesis (0). The value is the number of frames backlogged in the frame buffer that have not been processed. Please tell us of any situation where that value does not return to zero within about 4-5 seconds of becoming non-zero. That indicates that FlashScan is not keeping up with the data from the vehicle.N/A
    5. If DTC’s with freeze frame data exist, please record the freeze frame data and send the recorded freeze frame data files to EFILive. There are a number of PIDs that are not yet defined for some freeze frames. Sending the files to us will help us to complete the freeze frame definitions.N/A
    6. Please check that when an SD card is inserted, the letters “SD” are displayed in the bottom left of FlashScan’s screen. The “SD” will only appear (or disappear) after a key is pressed. Yes
    Get the same version error as everyone else , 10.5.2 .
    Last edited by Chevy366; December 3rd, 2007 at 10:41 AM.
    2006 Trailblazer

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast