Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: crewman cross8

Default crewman cross8

has anybody tuned a vy cross8 holden crewman on a hub dyno
    i cannot disable the traction control i have done ever thng i can think of and are about to cry or turn to drinking if you can help asap <the customer is waiting > and im doing this at the mo and i would rather be doin this be fore he does this my phone number is 067548336 in new zeland
    cheers ross

Lifetime Member

Can you pull the fuse for TC? I know the TrailBlazer SS has this issue on the dyno and lots of guys pull the fuse and dont worry about the rear brakes applying while they are dynoing.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

tryed it with no success cheers tho

Lifetime Member

Hmm, then Im out of ideas.

Just wanted to make sure you werent on the dyno and have the StabiliTrak kick in and give you some red rear brakes!
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Hi Ross
    You can maybe set the available torque for traction control to zero and reduce all the timing subtractors. But im not sure that will work.
    I havent had trouble with Crewmans laying rubber but i guess you need it for the dyno.

Steve
    Oztrack
    EFILive Tuning Consultant

Worldwide Remote Tuning Service

2006 NSW Super Street Drag Racing Champion

www.oztrack.com.au

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by dobsons dyno tune
    has anybody tuned a vy cross8 holden crewman on a hub dyno
    i cannot disable the traction control i have done ever thng i can think of and are about to cry or turn to drinking if you can help asap <the customer is waiting > and im doing this at the mo and i would rather be doin this be fore he does this my phone number is 067548336 in new zeland
    cheers ross
    Is it a 4wd hub dyno ? , the system needs to be setup so all 4 wheels are going same speed or you will have issues , dynapackl should have software to suit

thanks for replies i have tryed all traction control and torque limiting opitions
    in efi and there is also no switch on the 4wd crewman i will ring dynapack today and see if they can help. I really hate losing so will keep you all informed on the out come
    cheers for info tho
    ross

pretty sure the traction control is linked to the ABS on these things and can't be disabled.
    I have played with one, zerrowed out all torque management, TC, etc and it still would not do doughnuts on a sandy beach ABS just applied brakes

What if you temporarily disconnect the ABS wheel speed sensors? For offroad testing only of course.

Lifetime Member

For the dyno to operate correctly all 4 wheels need to be going at the same speed or it will activate the brakes to the faster wheel to get them all back into synch.

This vehicle has a open centre in the transfer case so they cannot be run safely in 2wd more or on a dyno that doesnt have a speed matching program on the front to rear retarders.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast