Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: injector size

Default injector size

What do I have to tell the pcm? Or do i just put them in and let it figure it out for it's self.
    \'99 SS Camaro #3789 6 speed ls1 12.6 @ 112.8 1.93 60\' .......now crate ls6 417 rwhp & 395 rwtq 10.9@129.8 \'03 2500HD ecsb 4x4 6.0, 4:10, locking diff, UPD, desreened maf 16.1@ 86

What size injectors? If they're 42#'s then there's a couple bins at this site that use them and you can just apply the B4001 values onto yours.

http://www.horist.com/hptuner/search.asp?action=exe

BTW, the values should rise unless you're regulating fuel via boost.

What is this b40 whatever stuff? How come no one on this sight can ever use plain english? Newbies can't figure out all this abbreviations and number crap.
    \'99 SS Camaro #3789 6 speed ls1 12.6 @ 112.8 1.93 60\' .......now crate ls6 417 rwhp & 395 rwtq 10.9@129.8 \'03 2500HD ecsb 4x4 6.0, 4:10, locking diff, UPD, desreened maf 16.1@ 86

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by HioSSilver
    What is this b40 whatever stuff? How come no one on this sight can ever use plain english? Newbies can't figure out all this abbreviations and number crap.
    Either that or the newbies are blind. Have you not noticed all of the tables are numbered?
    EFILive - The Single version of the Truth

Larry - HumpinSS

Lifetime Member

Go to the tuning tool "FlashScan". Open the "Navigator". Type in B4001 and click on the "Search" button. Using the assigned table number removes the multiplicity of names/ pseudonyms for these tables. For example table number B4307 is known as "Idle Air", "RAF", "Idle Air", "Idle Airflow vs ECT" etc, etc, etc.

It makes it VERY easy for the Newbie, when the assigned number is used, to find the related table.

FWIW.

Cheers,
    joel

See why we don't have a printed manual, no-one reads them anyway :wink:

There is no plain english with tuning, it is what it is, much like if you were on a PC programming site, they will be talking the lingo.
    The very reason we came up with the table numbering system was so anyone using EFILive could simply list the table number without having to say something like "yeah, that big table with Coolant Temp and RPM and EQ Ratio as the value, it's near the other one that has.....".
    B1101 is much easier.

Anyway, HioSSilver, welcome to the world of tuning, they are a nice bunch around here, but they will bite if attitude is shown!!.
    Do yourself a favour and do lots of reading of this site, LS1Tech and the HPTuners forum, you will learn alot of things just by looking through all the tuning discussions. You'll get familiar with alot of the terms we use, it's all good fun, but it won't be learnt overnight.

Cheers,
    Ross

Default Re: injector size

What do I have to tell the pcm? Or do i just put them in and let it figure it out for it's self.
    This isn't meant to be a flame, but if you have to ask this question, you obvously are completely inexperienced and have no business tuning. FlashScan is a very powerful tuning tool. And just like the engine in your car, the more powerful the tool, the more knowledge that's required of the operator (to avoid undesirable results). Do youself a favor and at least learn some tuning basics before you start changing the programming in your PCM. Otherwise, you just may find yourself driving over that nice LS1 crankshaft.

I love the search feature. Just type in number and click search and you are there.

Bill
    :roll:
    2011 Camaro 2SS/RS L99 RJT
    CAI, Inc. Cold Air Induction;ADM Scoop
    Rx Catch Can;Rx Breather;Roto-Fab Washer Container
    VMax Ported RJT Throttle Body
    XSPower Headers and XSPower 3" Exhaust System
    Elite Engineering Tunnel Brace,
    Gorilla Wheel Lock System;
    Tinted Windows 35%;EFILive Tune

thanks for the explanation bink. This stuff can be overwhelming with all the abbreviations and #'s. That's why it seems I never learn anthing by reading the sight. Right now all I see is &*(*&^%$#^><?" and I'm like what the hell does that mean. Thanks for the help guys.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX
    The very reason we came up with the table numbering system was so anyone using EFILive could simply list the table number without having to say something like "yeah, that big table with Coolant Temp and RPM and EQ Ratio as the value, it's near the other one that has.....".
    B1101 is much easier.
    This is funny.. everytime I talk to buds who use HPTuners this is how I have to refer to their tables. Be glad we have those numbers and search.

Another freature is displaying the diffs when comparing two tunes.. The "numbers" are there and can be clicked on so that it takes you right there..

EFI just kicks ass in so many ways!!!!!

HioSSilver: Those numbers are better than english..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast